Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  


Go Back   > >

Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-08-02, 01:17 PM   #1
jhilge01
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
jhilge01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Kansas City
Bikes:
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello from K.C.

I've been lurking for a while, but have found the threads very informative. My interest in biking started via triathlons, ever since I have been trying to educate myself on all the ins and outs of the 2 wheeler. I ride a Cannondale R800, and stick mainly to the traffic free roads on the outskirts of the city for training. Occasionally I will enjoy the weekend recreational ride.

I enjoy the freedom of the bike, and look forward to many more miles!

It's great to have a community on line to share with.
jhilge01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-02, 02:21 PM   #2
Gus Riley
HomeBrew Master!
 
Gus Riley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: West Central Illinois
Bikes: Aegis Aro Svelte, Surly LHT, Cannondal R3000 tandem, Santana Triplet.
Posts: 2,208
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Welcome jhilge01! You've made it to the right place. We're a friendly bunch here, come on in for a bier! Or soda pop!
Gus Riley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-04, 04:41 PM   #3
chicharron
Guest
 
Bikes:
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhilge01
I've been lurking for a while, but have found the threads very informative. My interest in biking started via triathlons, ever since I have been trying to educate myself on all the ins and outs of the 2 wheeler. I ride a Cannondale R800, and stick mainly to the traffic free roads on the outskirts of the city for training. Occasionally I will enjoy the weekend recreational ride.

I enjoy the freedom of the bike, and look forward to many more miles!

It's great to have a community on line to share with.
Hey K.C., what part of town do you live in? I live in the West Side. You?
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-04, 10:47 AM   #4
jhilge01
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
jhilge01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Kansas City
Bikes:
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I live in Prairie Village - there are some great rides in the area. Unfortunately, work has me out of town most of the week - so I don't get to participate as often as I would like.
jhilge01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-04, 11:45 AM   #5
midwestmntnbkr
GT enthusiast
 
midwestmntnbkr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Drexel,MO
Bikes: 2003 GT i- drive 1.0, 1998? GT ricochet,1999 Schwinn Homegrown Factory, 19?? Marin Eldridge Grade full rigid SS MTB, 1998 GT Karakoram my "town/cruiser" bike, 1999 Klein Quantum Race, 1977 Raleigh Super Course fixie
Posts: 276
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Welcome, I live IN K.C. by the stadiums, but have in the past done many group rides on the KS side. This is a pretty good source of information.
__________________
"if you're not living on the edge...
you're taking up too much space"


"Life is too short to drink cheap beer"
midwestmntnbkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-04, 02:38 PM   #6
chicharron
Guest
 
Bikes:
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhilge01
I live in Prairie Village - there are some great rides in the area. Unfortunately, work has me out of town most of the week - so I don't get to participate as often as I would like.
Have you ever rode some of the bike trails in town? A friend of mine lives out in Shawnee, and rides the trails out at that large park out by Black Bob Road. I like to ride the Trolly Car Trails that start down on Volker Blvd and go through Brookside, and Waldo, and end up at 85th and Prospect.
Another good short ride, is the Riverfront Heritage Trail that goes through downtown, and down to the river, and over to Richard Berlkey Riverfront Park, out by I-35 and Front Street, by the casino.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-04, 02:40 PM   #7
chicharron
Guest
 
Bikes:
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwestmntnbkr
Welcome, I live IN K.C. by the stadiums, but have in the past done many group rides on the KS side. This is a pretty good source of information.
Speaking of beer, if you live in K.C., do you like Boulevard Beer?
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-04, 08:50 PM   #8
midwestmntnbkr
GT enthusiast
 
midwestmntnbkr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Drexel,MO
Bikes: 2003 GT i- drive 1.0, 1998? GT ricochet,1999 Schwinn Homegrown Factory, 19?? Marin Eldridge Grade full rigid SS MTB, 1998 GT Karakoram my "town/cruiser" bike, 1999 Klein Quantum Race, 1977 Raleigh Super Course fixie
Posts: 276
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicharron
Speaking of beer, if you live in K.C., do you like Boulevard Beer?
Why yes I do as a matter of fact, but who said anything about beer...

Wheat is probably my favorite, but pale ale is pretty tasty also.



Cheers
__________________
"if you're not living on the edge...
you're taking up too much space"


"Life is too short to drink cheap beer"
midwestmntnbkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-04, 12:31 PM   #9
chicharron
Guest
 
Bikes:
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwestmntnbkr
Why yes I do as a matter of fact, but who said anything about beer...

Wheat is probably my favorite, but pale ale is pretty tasty also.



Cheers
I happen to live about two blocks away from the Boulevard Brewery. I won't drink any other beer if I can't
have a Boulevard.
It has been pretty cold here in KC. but I still try to get out on my bike as much as possible.like going down to the River Front Park, over by the casino. And you?
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-04, 12:03 AM   #10
Original 6
<<<<>>>>
 
Original 6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Kansas City, Missouri USA
Bikes: 2004 Kona Caldera "stock"
Posts: 151
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The Trolley Trail is a good ride. I live a block from it so I ride it a bunch.
Original 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-04, 05:08 PM   #11
chicharron
Guest
 
Bikes:
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Original 6
The Trolley Trail is a good ride. I live a block from it so I ride it a bunch.
Original 6, wow, you're pretty close to where I am. I live over on the WestSide, at 23rd and Belleview, by Guadalupe Center and Gage Park. Know where that is? I like to ride up 31st St. to Pennsylvania by Penn Valley Community College, go north on Pennsylvania, go down through Wesport and the Plaza, through MillCreek Park, over to Volker, to the Trolley Car Trail on Brookside, then go through Waldo, continue on down to 85th. St. and all the way to 71 hghway. Yesterday I went down to the Riverfront Park over by the casino.
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:23 PM.