Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  


Go Back   > >

Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-01-04, 05:34 PM   #1
bigmoose
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Horicon Wi
Bikes: EZ-1 SC Recumbent and Trek Navigator 100
Posts: 35
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello from Wisconsin!!!

Greetings! I just signed up a couple of weeks ago. I am simply amazed at the amount of info that is listed in this sight!! I have been riding off and on for the past 15 to 17 years. I am not what you would call a serious hard core rider but someone who rides for the relaxation and the tension release that riding allows. I have owned a number of bikes. My favorite was a Miyata road frame with a bunch of other parts. Rode that one for a long time. The latest purchase is an EZ-1 Super Cruzer recumbent. What a bike. I know there is some negative aspects of the bike, but this being the first recumbent, the more I ride it the more I like it. Finding that I can ride farther and faster as time goes on. As I always say "Just ride the bike!!"
bigmoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-04, 09:31 PM   #2
iceratt
contre nous de la tyranie
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Little Siberia
Bikes: Trek 830, Trek 520, Surly 1x1 fixed
Posts: 564
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmoose
The latest purchase is an EZ-1 Super Cruzer recumbent. What a bike. I know there is some negative aspects of the bike, but this being the first recumbent, the more I ride it the more I like it.
Where in WI are you? The state is a bit like California, balmy in the south and frigid in the north. I see many recumbant bikes here, in Mpls. Calhoun Cycle only sells them and a few folding bikes. I'll get one one of these days. Glad you like yours.
iceratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-04, 10:50 PM   #3
bigmoose
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Horicon Wi
Bikes: EZ-1 SC Recumbent and Trek Navigator 100
Posts: 35
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceratt
Where in WI are you? The state is a bit like California, balmy in the south and frigid in the north. I see many recumbant bikes here, in Mpls. Calhoun Cycle only sells them and a few folding bikes. I'll get one one of these days. Glad you like yours.
Hi from Horicon Wi. home of the big marsh...and lots of geese.
bigmoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-04, 12:30 AM   #4
iceratt
contre nous de la tyranie
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Little Siberia
Bikes: Trek 830, Trek 520, Surly 1x1 fixed
Posts: 564
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Your home sounds so far out there, in a lost and forgoten marsh, that I asked my wife, who is from Superior, if she knew Horicon. She said" Oh yeah, there's a big marsh there. Really pretty. You'd like riding your bike there."

So who knows, maybe the boys and I will go explore your bit of wilderness one of these days.
iceratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-04, 11:29 PM   #5
bigmoose
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Horicon Wi
Bikes: EZ-1 SC Recumbent and Trek Navigator 100
Posts: 35
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceratt
Your home sounds so far out there, in a lost and forgoten marsh, that I asked my wife, who is from Superior, if she knew Horicon. She said" Oh yeah, there's a big marsh there. Really pretty. You'd like riding your bike there."

So who knows, maybe the boys and I will go explore your bit of wilderness one of these days.
Sounds good! It really is a neat place to ride. Lots of rolling hills and farmland. There is also a rec trail nearby. Limestone. 34 miles long. If you decide to ride that, (Wild Goose Trail) just remember to look out for the gopher holes...
bigmoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-04, 12:27 PM   #6
badger_biker 
Senior Member
 
badger_biker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Rural Western Wisconsin
Bikes: 9 vintage touring machines and a 1975 Motobecane Le Champion
Posts: 1,186
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Welcome to the forum Bigmoose. I'm from the other end of the state near that purple border. I've driven through the marsh many years ago and have a friend who lives nearby in Plymouth so I hope to try the trail sometime. Does the goose crap get hazardous in the spring or fall?
badger_biker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-04, 12:50 PM   #7
bkrownd
kipuka explorer
 
bkrownd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Hilo Town, East Hawai'i
Bikes: 1994 Trek 820, 2004 Fuji Absolute, 2005 Jamis Nova, 1977 Schwinn Scrambler 36/36
Posts: 3,293
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Wisconsin is high on my places-to-live index. Boring, but scenic. Nice seasonal weather and proper winters.

Hell with the mangy geese, it's only 4-5 months until swan season!

bkr
__________________
--
-=- '05 Jamis Nova -=- '04 Fuji Absolute -=- '94 Trek 820 -=- '77 Schwinn Scrambler 36/36 -=-
Friends don't let friends use brifters.
bkrownd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-04, 07:55 PM   #8
bigmoose
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Horicon Wi
Bikes: EZ-1 SC Recumbent and Trek Navigator 100
Posts: 35
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by badger_biker
Welcome to the forum Bigmoose. I'm from the other end of the state near that purple border. I've driven through the marsh many years ago and have a friend who lives nearby in Plymouth so I hope to try the trail sometime. Does the goose crap get hazardous in the spring or fall?
Thanks for the welcome! Actually if you dont plan on riding/walking through the grass in the parks or the golf courses, the goose poop isnt really that bad. The city has been taking care of the geese the last couple of years and really cut the local population. To answer your question, its a toss up. This year it is a little better than a few years ago. Still wise to watch where you step...
bigmoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:54 PM.