Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Hello from the UK!

    Hello guys and gals...!

    Made a post in the classic and vintage subforum, but I suppose now that I've done a bit of work to my bike I'll have a pop here...

    I'm from Bristol in the UK, I have a Triumph 20, which I think its a girls bike (is it purple? im colour blind) .. and I'm a guy......

    I became interested in bicycles since I normally ride a motorbike as my main form of transport (no car)... so I've become interested in bicycles as an extension from that! there seems like a fair bit to learn, but it will be fun, and I'd like to use this for some exercise!

    Picture here:


    This bicycle has been in our garage for quite a number of years after mum bought it from a charity shop (thrift store). It's not in good condition, and I've already spent a little more on it than what it is worth... it has some surface rust in places, and the mudguards are even worse, not just surface rust... The chain and gear-stuff is completely covered in gunk.... but I've spent the last few hours cleaning the front half up and replaced the tyre and tube since the previous one was crumbling away - the rear one seems fine but will work on it later once I get a new tube (stupidly punctured one earlier!).

    It's a girls bike, it's not in good condition... and i'm working on it, since I think it deserves to be treated with respect and have a good home! I think some of you can agree with that!

  2. #2
    Administrator CbadRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    On the bridge with Picard
    My Bikes
    Specialized Allez, Specialized Sirrus
    Posts
    5,837
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to Bike Forums. Thats a nice little bike! From the photo posted, it looks like it's a light blue color.
    Quote Originally Posted by toddles View Post
    So Tom only hires people that are nutty? Is part of the requirement to be a moderator on this site is that you have to be nuts??
    Forum Guidelines *click here*

  3. #3
    Arsehole PlatyPius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,278
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Junglizt1210 View Post
    Hello guys and gals...!

    Made a post in the classic and vintage subforum, but I suppose now that I've done a bit of work to my bike I'll have a pop here...

    I'm from Bristol in the UK, I have a Triumph 20, which I think its a girls bike (is it purple? im colour blind) .. and I'm a guy......

    I became interested in bicycles since I normally ride a motorbike as my main form of transport (no car)... so I've become interested in bicycles as an extension from that! there seems like a fair bit to learn, but it will be fun, and I'd like to use this for some exercise!

    Picture here:


    This bicycle has been in our garage for quite a number of years after mum bought it from a charity shop (thrift store). It's not in good condition, and I've already spent a little more on it than what it is worth... it has some surface rust in places, and the mudguards are even worse, not just surface rust... The chain and gear-stuff is completely covered in gunk.... but I've spent the last few hours cleaning the front half up and replaced the tyre and tube since the previous one was crumbling away - the rear one seems fine but will work on it later once I get a new tube (stupidly punctured one earlier!).

    It's a girls bike, it's not in good condition... and i'm working on it, since I think it deserves to be treated with respect and have a good home! I think some of you can agree with that!
    I don't think that's a girl's bike, I think it's a bloke's bike; just a commuter sort with a low stand-over height.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    3,134
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WELCOME, I read you. I can agree with your last staement. Two of my bikes that are fun to ride on a casual basis are female specific. I own more such bikes that I care to "admit".
    Yours is an interesting frame configuration, an appealing color too.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PlatyPius View Post
    I don't think that's a girl's bike, I think it's a bloke's bike; just a commuter sort with a low stand-over height.
    I believe the seat and handlebars were orignially a little higher, by a few inches, I have lowered them just to make it more comfortable for me

    Quote Originally Posted by old and new View Post
    WELCOME, I read you. I can agree with your last staement. Two of my bikes that are fun to ride on a casual basis are female specific. I own more such bikes that I care to "admit".
    Yours is an interesting frame configuration, an appealing color too.
    What makes my frame interesting? I mean, I notice how it has a single "bar" joining the front part of it and the back part of it... The colour is not quite "my" colour, it looks like a vintage colour I suppose, it strikes me as a colour you would not be able to find a new bike in, from a shop that is... but I don't really want to paint it or anything, that would just be loosing the history behind it. I'm starting to like it a lot more for some reason, the character

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •