Join Date: Jul 2007
Bikes: 1997 Schwinn Searcher GS, 2007 Dahon Curve D3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
There doesn't need to be a lot more to biking than that. Kids still manage to do it without taking it too seriously.
I went through 4 biking stages:
- Kid - was happy to have a bike instead of a big wheel
- Kid - HAD to have a BMX with freewheel hub and caliper brakes
- Teen - Wanted to go faster, had to have a 10 or 12-speed road bike.
- 20-something - Wanted a hybrid, they have 21 speeds now, but no chain guards. Got it and rode hundreds of miles on it.
- 30-something - Learning so much about bikes and biking I am over-complicating things for myself. But I do know of all the accessories now that can make me go faster. Mostly, I need to work on the 'engine'.
Don't feel too much pressure to learn more about bikes. Or if you do, take a step back once in a while and recall that it doesn't HAVE to be complicated.