Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Kyoto, Japan
Bikes: Cannondale MTB, Bridgestone fixie, Lotus Legend
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have 14 bicylces of all types in my 'quiver', and more in the barn!
Hi, Kyotomike here... I've been cycling since the early seventies when I made it down the driveway without crashing on my black/yellow Huffy.
Since then I've had a jillion bikes. Treks in Austin in the 80's-90's, a KHS MTB in Crested Butte in the 90's, lots of cruisers, and now three regular rides;
- A Cannondale MTB that I use with a trailer to take the 5 yr old to school (but the headshok needs to be fixed so it's out of commission at the moment...)
- A Bridgestone racing bike which I've painted black and converted into a fixie, it hums, I'll post pictures sometime.
- My new favorite, a 1987 Lotus Legend -- What a ride! It loves to go fast and I see that there are some Lotus enthusiasts on this forum, so that's cool.
- Peugeot Colibri 18" for my wife Yuko and 16" for kid Juneau
- Two other kids bikes for the other two boys
- Another Cannondale (matching, how cute) for Yuko
- ~6 guest bikes for our rental properties. (<www.suisenkyo.com>, www.sakarakyoto.com
So that's me. Nice to meet you all. I live in Kyoto and have a place out in the countryside with a barn full of other rides in various states of disrepair: Mongoose, KHS, Specialized, Giant, Ridley, a couple of vintage frames, and so on. In the future I'd like to get a welder and make a couple of custom choppers like they have on atomiczombie.com
Look forward to connecting with other two-wheel 'Otaku' (Japanese word for 'geek/enthusiast')