HP Velotechnik Streetmachine GT, Norco Wolverine, home-built Swing Bike
Greetings from Ottawa
Well, since there are a bunch of other newbs from Ontario posting here, I might as well join in.
I'm not sure how much I'll post here, but it looks like a great reading resource anyway.
1) HP Velotechnik Streetmachine. Under-seat steering, short-wheelbase full-suspension touring recumbent. That's my main ride.
2) Norco Wolverine mountain bike. It's the "reflecto-bike" because it's nearly 100% covered in very bright reflective tape...because it's my winter bike and I want to be visible! Also fitted it with a SRAM 7-sp internal hub w/coaster brake...perfect for winter.
3) Swing Bike - home-built by Mike Watson. Fun fun fun....makes a great short-distance bike.
Hey, totally noob here. Like you, I'm reading around a bit. I didn't do anything terribly interesting this season, bike-wise anyway. Thinkin about steppin it up next summer, so I'm researching stuff in prep for it.
I've only got two bikes right now, and one is pure backup, never ride it unless the other is under repairs and I'm somewhat desperate:
1) Norco Wolverine. Mountain bike. My primary, but still haven't changed the rear v-brake for a disc yet.
2) Norco Katmandu. Mountain bike, old as hell, forgot I had it. My last resort.