Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: New Guy

  1. #1
    Senior Member IBOHUNT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Western Maryland - Appalachian Mountains
    My Bikes
    Motobecane Fantom Cross; Cannondale Supersix replaced the Giant TCR which came to an untimely death by truck
    Posts
    2,326
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    New Guy

    Just joined. Old guy trying to get back into some shape. Have ridden the Gary Fisher Tarpon 1680 miles/65 lbs since July 1 and now looking for a road bike. Might enjoy group rides if(!) I could travel at the speeds I see all ya'll riding.

  2. #2
    Formerly Known as Newbie Juha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Helsinki, Finland
    Posts
    5,850
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers IBOHUNT, welcome to Bike Forums!

    --J
    To err is human. To moo is bovine.

    Who is this General Failure anyway, and why is he reading my drive?


    Become a Registered Member in Bike Forums
    Community guidelines

  3. #3
    Galveston County Texas 10 Wheels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    In The Wind
    My Bikes
    GTO
    Posts
    25,736
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IBOHUNT View Post
    Just joined. Old guy trying to get back into some shape. Have ridden the Gary Fisher Tarpon 1680 miles/65 lbs since July 1 and now looking for a road bike. Might enjoy group rides if(!) I could travel at the speeds I see all ya'll riding.
    Hello IBOHUNT,

    Welcome to Bike Forums.
    Check in with The Fifty Plus Forum.

    Don't be concerned about speed. Just have FUN Riding.
    [SIZE=1][B]What I like about Texas[/B]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGukLuXzH1E

    Set F1re To The Ra1n ( NY Night Rain Ride)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7jfcWEkSrI

  4. #4
    LET'S ROLL 1nterceptor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    WEST NEW YORK, USA
    My Bikes
    2013 Scott CR1 Pro carbon, 2013 Brompton S6L-X titanium, 2013 Citizen Tokyo steel
    Posts
    3,190
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Howdy, check out your local
    region here on BF for group rides.
    Where are you located?

  5. #5
    Senior Member Kingshead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    South Florida
    My Bikes
    1980 Motobecane Grand Jubilee
    Posts
    230
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IBOHUNT View Post
    Just joined. Old guy trying to get back into some shape. Have ridden the Gary Fisher Tarpon 1680 miles/65 lbs since July 1 and now looking for a road bike. Might enjoy group rides if(!) I could travel at the speeds I see all ya'll riding.
    Do you have a bike in mind? I'm also an old guy trying to regain the waist of my youth. Riding is a great, fun, low impact way of accomplishing this.
    http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/a...ikeforum-1.jpg
    1980 Motobecane Grand Jubile'

    Welcome to the horde!
    Martin

  6. #6
    Senior Member IBOHUNT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Western Maryland - Appalachian Mountains
    My Bikes
    Motobecane Fantom Cross; Cannondale Supersix replaced the Giant TCR which came to an untimely death by truck
    Posts
    2,326
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Juha View Post
    Cheers IBOHUNT, welcome to Bike Forums!

    --J
    Thanks

  7. #7
    Senior Member IBOHUNT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Western Maryland - Appalachian Mountains
    My Bikes
    Motobecane Fantom Cross; Cannondale Supersix replaced the Giant TCR which came to an untimely death by truck
    Posts
    2,326
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 10 Wheels View Post
    Hello IBOHUNT,

    Welcome to Bike Forums.
    Check in with The Fifty Plus Forum.

    Don't be concerned about speed. Just have FUN Riding.
    I was reading the 50+ forum last Friday which helped me this weekend with what appears to be an 'addiction'.
    I got up on Sunday and the temp was 28F and the flag was straight out from the wind. All I said to myself was "I will probably be spending a lot of time in the 39 tooth ring today". Got in two decent rides this weekend; 48 miles averaging 15 mph on Saturday and 67 miles yesterday averaging only 14 mph with a +/-3400' elevation change according to ridewithgps.com. Yesterday was spent trying to improve my rpms.

  8. #8
    Senior Member IBOHUNT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Western Maryland - Appalachian Mountains
    My Bikes
    Motobecane Fantom Cross; Cannondale Supersix replaced the Giant TCR which came to an untimely death by truck
    Posts
    2,326
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1nterceptor View Post
    Howdy, check out your local
    region here on BF for group rides.
    Where are you located?
    I've looked at my region and I can't find any group ride that are close. Am looking at the Baltimore MD area now.

  9. #9
    Senior Member IBOHUNT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Western Maryland - Appalachian Mountains
    My Bikes
    Motobecane Fantom Cross; Cannondale Supersix replaced the Giant TCR which came to an untimely death by truck
    Posts
    2,326
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingshead View Post
    Do you have a bike in mind? I'm also an old guy trying to regain the waist of my youth. Riding is a great, fun, low impact way of accomplishing this.
    I actually "found" a bike. It's a 2011 Giant TCR Advanced Ultegra build. Got it for what I think is a 'steal'. A huge difference over a 34 pound mountain bike except when climbing over the mountain which is a 600' climb over 1/2 mile.

  10. #10
    Galveston County Texas 10 Wheels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    In The Wind
    My Bikes
    GTO
    Posts
    25,736
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IBOHUNT View Post
    I was reading the 50+ forum last Friday which helped me this weekend with what appears to be an 'addiction'.
    I got up on Sunday and the temp was 28F and the flag was straight out from the wind. All I said to myself was "I will probably be spending a lot of time in the 39 tooth ring today". Got in two decent rides this weekend; 48 miles averaging 15 mph on Saturday and 67 miles yesterday averaging only 14 mph with a +/-3400' elevation change according to ridewithgps.com. Yesterday was spent trying to improve my rpms.
    You can post your rides in here.

    http://www.bikeforums.net/showthread...-today/page231
    [SIZE=1][B]What I like about Texas[/B]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGukLuXzH1E

    Set F1re To The Ra1n ( NY Night Rain Ride)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7jfcWEkSrI

  11. #11
    Senior Member Kingshead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    South Florida
    My Bikes
    1980 Motobecane Grand Jubilee
    Posts
    230
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IBOHUNT View Post
    I actually "found" a bike. It's a 2011 Giant TCR Advanced Ultegra build. Got it for what I think is a 'steal'. A huge difference over a 34 pound mountain bike except when climbing over the mountain which is a 600' climb over 1/2 mile.

    Is this your bike?

    http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/a...ikeforum-1.jpg
    1980 Motobecane Grand Jubile'

    Welcome to the horde!
    Martin

  12. #12
    Senior Member IBOHUNT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Western Maryland - Appalachian Mountains
    My Bikes
    Motobecane Fantom Cross; Cannondale Supersix replaced the Giant TCR which came to an untimely death by truck
    Posts
    2,326
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingshead View Post
    Is this your bike?

    Yep, that's the one. I did put pedals on it too
    Raining here or I'd have gone out today.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •