Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Hello From Texas

    Hello everyone , i am recently to back cycling world ... since i was child (6 to 11 year old ) rode bike ... but i am 29 year old and weight 260 ( it was 310lb .. i have to change my eat habit) i need to set myself goal is 200 lb by June 2013 ... i just bought it Cannondale seven mountain bike i am not sure right model but i will check it later .. i like it or i just impulse bought it I hope it is good bike.

    i wonder normal is hurt my butt because i was lack of bike for 18 year or overweight effect on my seat bike ?


    My goal is join in Bike Forums for learning about any fact bike

    this Bike Forums recommend by Cycle shop ...

    which you recommend for 200+ lb situation ?

  2. #2
    Formerly Known as Newbie Juha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Helsinki, Finland
    Posts
    5,189
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers raptor, welcome to Bike Forums.

    It's perfectly normal to have sore spots here and there if you haven't cycled for a while. You will also discover new muscles in your body (and those will be sore too, at first). Keep going, but it might be a good idea to check there's nothing drastically wrong with your riding position. Pain from exercise is generally good, pain from bad ergonomics is, well, bad.

    We have a dedicated Clyde forum, have you looked in there yet?

    --J
    To err is human. To moo is bovine.

    Who is this General Failure anyway, and why is he reading my drive?


    Become a Registered Member in Bike Forums
    Community guidelines

  3. #3
    Galveston County Texas 10 Wheels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    In The Wind
    Posts
    24,331
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Raptor,

    Welcome to Bike Forums from a Texas road rider.

    I did many 5 mile rides when I first started riding.

    Takes some miles for the body to adjust to riding.

    Ride as much as you can, take rest days when you need them.
    [SIZE=1][B]What I like about Texas[/B]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGukLuXzH1E

    Set F1re To The Ra1n ( NY Night Rain Ride)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7jfcWEkSrI

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Oviedo, Florida
    My Bikes
    Trek Madone 6.2, Trek FX 7.5 and Specialized Secteur 64cm
    Posts
    32
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I started at 262 pounds and am now down to 208. Cycling has been the major part of that. My wife and I use MyFitnessPal to track our calories. I get 300 to 1000 extra each day for riding my bike. According to my Polar watch I've burned 212,994 calories doing 426 rides for a total of 6,937 miles. The riding part gets easier and easier but the eating habits have been hard to change for me.

    Keep riding as much as you can and you will see the pounds drop off. Especially if you continue to eat right.

    Good luck.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Houston, Tx
    My Bikes
    none :-(
    Posts
    49
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome....Im a Texas noob on this forum too! Where in Texas are you?

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Quillback424 View Post
    I started at 262 pounds and am now down to 208. Cycling has been the major part of that. My wife and I use MyFitnessPal to track our calories. I get 300 to 1000 extra each day for riding my bike. According to my Polar watch I've burned 212,994 calories doing 426 rides for a total of 6,937 miles. The riding part gets easier and easier but the eating habits have been hard to change for me.

    Keep riding as much as you can and you will see the pounds drop off. Especially if you continue to eat right.

    Good luck.
    i am just learning to lose weight but my Doctor told me i need to easy on bike or exercise because my body not used to activity .. take easy but don't push limits unless you comfort level then slow push limit in monthly not days because it can hurt or disrupt my body... it will take time .. include eat habit ... two days are total 6 mile ... what you recommend kind of wrist calories ? i don't hear about MyFitnessPal ... you can give link ? i will check it out


    Quote Originally Posted by 10 Wheels View Post
    Hey Raptor,

    Welcome to Bike Forums from a Texas road rider.

    I did many 5 mile rides when I first started riding.

    Takes some miles for the body to adjust to riding.

    Ride as much as you can, take rest days when you need them.
    i know that ... no wonder my body not used to bike since i was 11 year old .. hehehe .. my doctor told me i need to easy my body and he said try 10 or less mile weekly not more than 10 mile .. my body need to take develop before i will join long path bike ..

    Quote Originally Posted by Juha View Post
    Cheers raptor, welcome to Bike Forums.

    It's perfectly normal to have sore spots here and there if you haven't cycled for a while. You will also discover new muscles in your body (and those will be sore too, at first). Keep going, but it might be a good idea to check there's nothing drastically wrong with your riding position. Pain from exercise is generally good, pain from bad ergonomics is, well, bad.

    We have a dedicated Clyde forum, have you looked in there yet?

    --J
    i am just found out in last night .. that is interesting fact but lot of inspire stories for lose weight ...my butt was less hurt .. what you recommend it .. i read some info in somewhere i need to balance weight shift as pedal , seat , and handbar as 25-50-25 balance .. ? that is good idea ? and you can give link for bike exercise plan as sample ..

    Quote Originally Posted by deftone View Post
    Welcome....Im a Texas noob on this forum too! Where in Texas are you?
    i am part of Houston but hard to find good park for bike since i live in southeast Houston but Mason park is okay but what you recommend for bike park around Houston ?








    Thank you for so much for response it .. i am just rookie .. and i am so happy my sister will join me in next week

    i notice number 1,2, 3 in left handbar switch and 4,5,6,7,8 right handbar switch ( i am not sure number can change wheel speed? i am learning please easy on me .. i can't find info but my manual is complex to read .. i want to look simple explain about it as speed change wheel ? )
    Last edited by raptor02_2001; 09-19-12 at 12:01 AM.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Oviedo, Florida
    My Bikes
    Trek Madone 6.2, Trek FX 7.5 and Specialized Secteur 64cm
    Posts
    32
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    www.myfitnesspal.com is the web link. I started out slowly two years ago and gradually built up to 20 miles a day average. You can load myfittnespal on your iPhone or Android phone or go to it on the web.
    Trek Madone 6.2 64cm
    Specialized Secteur 64cm
    Trek FX 7.5 25"
    Some Day:
    KHS 747 Flight 65cm steel or
    Rodriguez Adventure 65cm steel or
    Fuji Touring 64cm steel

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •