Bike Forums

Bike Forums (http://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Juniors Racing (All Disciplines) (http://www.bikeforums.net/juniors-racing-all-disciplines/)
-   -   What's your racing schedule? (http://www.bikeforums.net/juniors-racing-all-disciplines/883738-whats-your-racing-schedule.html)

David Broon 04-12-13 09:04 AM

What's your racing schedule?
 
I'm planning on doing:

Mutual of Enumclaw Stage Race

Tour of Walla Walla

Rapha Pacific Northwest Junior Stage Race

Victoria International Cycling Festival

Plus a bunch of general local racing of various sizes, plus some other races if I can qualify for Cycling BC/Canada's support.

How about you?

jsutkeepspining 04-12-13 09:34 AM

nationals. that is all for the moment. right now i need ot start racing again

David Broon 04-12-13 03:27 PM

I'm also tryyying to get my cat.2 upgrade this year, though it's gonna be a stretch.

Lew. 04-12-13 06:14 PM

I only aim to compete in the local track league every Wednesday, or atleast when ever possible.
And to enter as many circuit races as I can possibly enter realistically (money/travel).
I want to win atleast one track event, I've been training with some of the guys I'll race, and I think it's even ground!

sstang13 04-12-13 08:26 PM

My first year racing, epic fail in first and only this year a couple weeks ago but it's all learning! My goal is to hit a top 10 and podium finish this year, and hopefully get into a successful breakaway (not necessarily a winning one, but one that puts in a lot of damage physically, mentally, and tactically into the field). I have a few races each month, going to try and get in as many as I can though.

Ps. Good luck to you all!

jsutkeepspining 04-13-13 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Broon (Post 15503918)
I'm also tryyying to get my cat.2 upgrade this year, though it's gonna be a stretch.

you can do it! if i can anyone can!

David Broon 04-13-13 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsutkeepspining (Post 15506612)
you can do it! if i can anyone can!

Haha it's going to take a little working of the system. I got my Cat. 3 through a discretionary upgrade, and I need to make cat.2 to be eligible for some stuff. So it's going to be exciting. I've got some points, but I may have to ask for another discretion upgrade, or just some points to put me over the edge for Pan-am Trials.

jsutkeepspining 04-13-13 04:15 PM

i think you should just be able to get the points. i had 31 in about 3 months (i think the new rule is 3o right?).

David Broon 04-13-13 09:18 PM

I can, but I need the upgrade for the beginning of june. My plan is to basically demonstrate that I'm on my way there, get a temporary cat.2, qualify, and then go back to three and get the rest of my poins.

Skyline516 04-14-13 06:44 PM

Carl Dolan was today
Either Rock Lititz or Marlton GP on the 28th
Bunny Hop Crit
Possibly Smoketown Airport crit
Kelly Cup
Grandview Grand Prix
Riverton Criterium (if I can get to Cat 4 by then) or Air Force Classic if not
Tyson's Corner Circuit (if they actually run it this year)
Giro di Coppi

Sprinkle in Greenbelt park crits as much as I can get down there and that'll probably be my schedule through the middle of july.
This is all Cat. 5 stuff, not quite as advanced as you guys.

David Broon 04-14-13 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skyline516 (Post 15510348)
Carl Dolan was today
Either Rock Lititz or Marlton GP on the 28th
Bunny Hop Crit
Possibly Smoketown Airport crit
Kelly Cup
Grandview Grand Prix
Riverton Criterium (if I can get to Cat 4 by then) or Air Force Classic if not
Tyson's Corner Circuit (if they actually run it this year)
Giro di Coppi

Sprinkle in Greenbelt park crits as much as I can get down there and that'll probably be my schedule through the middle of july.
This is all Cat. 5 stuff, not quite as advanced as you guys.


Everyone started there. Ride your bike, have fun, ask questions.

Skyline516 04-15-13 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Broon (Post 15511191)
Everyone started there. Ride your bike, have fun, ask questions.

Thanks, I have been self-training since I stopped swimming in February and it is incredibly enjoyable. I met some of the other juniors in my region yesterday who were all really nice guys. And good luck to you, I wish we had a juniors stage race in my area.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:37 AM.