Since August 1, I have commuted to work every day (missed only one day out of six weeks so far!). I have even made after work errands bike options. As a result, I plan to sell my car and have only one vehicle in our household. Yes...I was duped into thinking that every home needs two cars, 4 TVs, 2.5 kids, etc. etc...
I park myself often on this forum and try to learn new ways to conserve gas, make life simple, and be more environmentally sound (wow...and I am a raging republican!).
I wanted to let you folks know just how much I appreciate this forum by telling you some of the things I have learned from this forum alone:
1. You CAN shop and do errands by bike
2. Kids LOVE being car free (cause it is more time with mom and dad!)
3. The hustle and bustle of soccer/football/cheerleading/piano practice pales in comparison to the joy one can have by being together as a family.
4. Owning a car IS expensive and harmful to society
5. Bike Trailers make the world go round...
6. Wal-Mart is the spawn of Satan
7. Local retailers and biking help establish stronger communities that last for generations.
Over the past two months, I have spent more time with my family than ever before. I ride with fellow commuters and we spend time biking and hiking...not at a McD's watching our kids play in the indoor play area. I eat healthier, my kids eat healthier, and we can't wait to hop on our bikes when we get home.
So...to sum up...THANKS! Keep these posts rolling. I am reading Walden (which will probably have my Republican card revoked!). Oh well....enjoying life at normal speed one spin at a time!