Hi, my transmission just died, and I'm sick of the total cost of owning a car. I am planing to go car free.
Here's some facts:
- I live in Orange County, California and the roads aren't too bike friendly.
- School is 14 miles away, and there are a few hills.
- After school I have work 2 hours later, which is 12 miles away. Speed is very important.
- I need a back tire rack to hold at least 50 lbs.
- Budget ~ $700
- My local bike shop sells Trek, and I want to support them. Trek is my preference but not absolute.
I am without a vehical now so I hope to buy it soon. I'm currently looking at the Trek fx 7.5, fx 7.3 and the Trek 1.2. Also any other advice will be appreciated. Thank you.