Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 24 of 24

Thread: Where's Roody?

  1. #1
    Senior Member Lamplight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Bellingham, WA
    Posts
    2,706
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Where's Roody?

    I just realized I haven't seen him post in a while. Anyone heard from him?

  2. #2
    In the right lane gerv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Des Moines
    My Bikes
    1974 Huffy 3 speed
    Posts
    8,898
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last post was July 16

  3. #3
    Senior Member Lamplight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Bellingham, WA
    Posts
    2,706
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gerv View Post
    Last post was July 16
    Exactly. That's quite a while for him to go without posting!

  4. #4
    Senior Member TuckertonRR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Posts
    548
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Before that I think he was gone for a month or two as well.......

  5. #5
    Crankenstein bmclaughlin807's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Spokane
    My Bikes
    Novara Randonee (TankerBelle)
    Posts
    4,039
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hopefully he's too busy riding to get online...
    "There is no greater wonder than the way the face and character of a woman fit so perfectly in a man's mind, and stay there, and he could never tell you why. It just seems it was the thing he most wanted." Robert Louis Stevenson

  6. #6
    Sophomoric Member Roody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Dancing in Lansing
    Posts
    19,666
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, this touches me that people noticed my absence. Thanks, Lamplight!

    bmclaughlin hit the nail on the head. I have been very busy this summer, and riding 20 or 30 miles almost every day is one of the activities that has kept me away from BF. As some of you may know, I don't keep a computer at home. To post here, I usually have to go to the library. That's fine in the winter, but in warm weather I like to be outdoors when I have some free time.

    Every four weeks I travel (bus of course!) to my dad's house in Traverse City. He has a computer, so I stay on line a lot. You all will be sick of me by the time I go home again in a few days!


    "Think Outside the Cage"

  7. #7
    Senior Member Lamplight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Bellingham, WA
    Posts
    2,706
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad to see you weren't kidnapped or similar.

  8. #8
    Lanky Lass East Hill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Take a deep breath, and ask--What would Sheldon do?
    My Bikes
    Nishiki Nut! International, Pro, Olympic 12, Sport mixte, and others too numerous to mention.
    Posts
    21,575
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was just wondering about you too, Roody.

    Glad to see that you are out busily enjoying life in the sun .

    East Hill
    ___________________________________________________
    TRY EMPATHY & HAVE LOVE IN YOUR HEART, PERHAPS I'LL SEE YOU ON THE ROAD...

  9. #9
    Sophomoric Member Roody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Dancing in Lansing
    Posts
    19,666
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only time I was kidnaped, the abductors paid my family to take me back.



    "Think Outside the Cage"

  10. #10
    Sophomoric Member Roody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Dancing in Lansing
    Posts
    19,666
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by East Hill View Post
    I was just wondering about you too, Roody.

    Glad to see that you are out busily enjoying life in the sun .

    East Hill
    Not too many in North America can say this, but the Michigan weather has been superb this summer. We had a tornado in early June only a mile from my house, but otherwise it's been cool, breezy and dry much more than usual. In Michigan, you have to enjoy the easy weather when you get it.


    "Think Outside the Cage"

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    584
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Roody:

    I'm glad to hear you're not missing. When I first read the post about your disappearance, I figured you were just away from a computer. Then, I started to worry when others were checking in and commenting about your absence. Glad I checked tonight, and that everything's cool.

    The weather sure has been great. I remember the tornado in June. I was teaching a class and I rode my bike home after the warning ended. I got on the radio and heard about a bunch of big trees uprooted in South Lansing and Holt. I'm on the west side, and riding home there were some big branches fallen and one wire on the pavement. I remembeer thinking about the awesome power of nature that afternoon as I rode down the empty roads that ordinarily have plenty of car traffic.

    Anyway, glad you're okay. It is touching that people care when you're not checking in.

  12. #12
    Sophomoric Member Roody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Dancing in Lansing
    Posts
    19,666
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by keiththesnake View Post
    Roody:

    I'm glad to hear you're not missing. When I first read the post about your disappearance, I figured you were just away from a computer. Then, I started to worry when others were checking in and commenting about your absence. Glad I checked tonight, and that everything's cool.

    The weather sure has been great. I remember the tornado in June. I was teaching a class and I rode my bike home after the warning ended. I got on the radio and heard about a bunch of big trees uprooted in South Lansing and Holt. I'm on the west side, and riding home there were some big branches fallen and one wire on the pavement. I remembeer thinking about the awesome power of nature that afternoon as I rode down the empty roads that ordinarily have plenty of car traffic.

    Anyway, glad you're okay. It is touching that people care when you're not checking in
    .
    I was at work during the tornado and the other storms we had that week. My job involved helping psychiatric patients feel calm and safe while huddled in the hallway, even though I was feeling a little frazzled myself at the time. After one storm I had to work a double shift all night, and several times I caught myself worrying that I wouldn't have a home to return to in the morning. It's hard to keep your perspective when you're aware of disaster, but unable to check it for yourself.

    I rode home after the tornado from the Westside to South Lansing, about midnight. The streetlights were out and there was a big tree lying across Washington Ave, right at the bottom of the hill. I was going pretty fast down the hill, and my little headlight didn't see the tree until I almost hit it. I skidded bad but I kept the bike up. I thought, if I had hurt myself, how funny it would sound to explain it to an ambulance crew: "That big old tree was lying right in the middle of the road and I didn't see it!"

    We were all fortunate that it was a pretty minor tornado, although a couple people died. I personally was very lucky. There was a big tree down in my next door neighbor's yard, but no damage to my house and I never lost power long enough to even make my digital clock blink.


    "Think Outside the Cage"

  13. #13
    bragi bragi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    seattle, WA
    My Bikes
    LHT
    Posts
    2,781
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was wondering about you, too, Roody. Glad you're still here. LCF wouldn't be quite the same without you.
    If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate.

  14. #14
    In the right lane gerv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Des Moines
    My Bikes
    1974 Huffy 3 speed
    Posts
    8,898
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Likewise.. glad to hear you're OK.

    Now that this has been solved, what happened to ILTB ?

  15. #15
    Sophomoric Member Roody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Dancing in Lansing
    Posts
    19,666
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gerv View Post
    Likewise.. glad to hear you're OK.

    Now that this has been solved, what happened to ILTB
    ?
    Maybe my exorcism ceremony was successful?



    "Think Outside the Cage"

  16. #16
    Been Around Awhile I-Like-To-Bike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Burlington Iowa
    My Bikes
    Vaterland and Ragazzi
    Posts
    18,940
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Roody View Post
    Maybe my exorcism ceremony was successful?

    No such luck; try the goat dance.
    Haven't seen much here lately. Just the same old, same old -support group hand holding and simplistic, freshman-grade sociology/economic theories. I now find it much easier to withhold a response to this sort of banter.

    When I read something of interest to me and worth responding to, I will.

  17. #17
    put our Heads Together cerewa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    southeast pennsylvania
    My Bikes
    a mountain bike with a cargo box on the back and aero bars on the front. an old well-worn dahon folding bike
    Posts
    3,149
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I read something of interest to me and worth responding to, I will.
    Please feel free to respond less often.

    Just the same old, same old -support group hand holding and simplistic, freshman-grade sociology/economic theories.
    Adding your self-righteousness to the self-righteousness that already exists in this forum helps nothing.
    Some awesome folks who are working to give Haitians the ability to manage their safety and their lives:
    Haiti Partners

  18. #18
    Sophomoric Member Roody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Dancing in Lansing
    Posts
    19,666
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I-Like-To-Bike View Post
    No such luck; try the goat dance.
    Haven't seen much here lately. Just the same old, same old -support group hand holding and simplistic, freshman-grade sociology/economic theories. I now find it much easier to withhold a response to this sort of banter.

    When I read something of interest to me and worth responding to, I will.
    I'm glad to learn that you've matured some. With great age comes great wisdom.



    (I knew ILTB would show up when his name was mentioned. He googles himself every morning.)
    Last edited by Roody; 08-10-08 at 02:52 PM. Reason: thought of another witticism


    "Think Outside the Cage"

  19. #19
    Senior Member wahoonc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    On the road-USA
    My Bikes
    Giant Excursion, Raleigh Sports, Raleigh R.S.W. Compact, Motobecane? and about 20 more! OMG
    Posts
    15,854
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Roody,
    Glad to see you are posting again. You are missed when you don't show up for a lengthy period of time. Very glad you are having excellent riding weather. I am enjoying a spot of your weather myself. Currently in Lafayette, IN. The weather has been fantastic for cycling and working...unfortunately the working has been getting in the way of cycling.

    Aaron
    Webshots is bailing out, if you find any of my posts with corrupt picture files and want to see them corrected please let me know. :(

    ISO: A late 1980's Giant Iguana MTB frameset (or complete bike) 23" Red with yellow graphics.

    "Cycling should be a way of life, not a hobby.
    RIDE, YOU FOOL, RIDE!"
    _Nicodemus

    "Steel: nearly a thousand years of metallurgical development
    Aluminum: barely a hundred
    Which one would you rather have under your butt at 30mph?"
    _krazygluon

  20. #20
    Sophomoric Member Roody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Dancing in Lansing
    Posts
    19,666
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wahoonc View Post
    Roody,
    Glad to see you are posting again. You are missed when you don't show up for a lengthy period of time. Very glad you are having excellent riding weather. I am enjoying a spot of your weather myself. Currently in Lafayette, IN. The weather has been fantastic for cycling and working...unfortunately the working has been getting in the way of cycling.

    Aaron
    But cycling is the best de-stresser from work that I know about. I am so glad that I work second shift, not starting until 3:00 PM. Every day I have many daylight hours for riding--including my workdays. Sometimes i go for long rides in the morning. Even on busy days I almost always can get in a good 10 mile extension to my commute, just by leavong a few minutes early.


    "Think Outside the Cage"

  21. #21
    Senior Member wahoonc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    On the road-USA
    My Bikes
    Giant Excursion, Raleigh Sports, Raleigh R.S.W. Compact, Motobecane? and about 20 more! OMG
    Posts
    15,854
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Roody View Post
    But cycling is the best de-stresser from work that I know about. I am so glad that I work second shift, not starting until 3:00 PM. Every day I have many daylight hours for riding--including my workdays. Sometimes i go for long rides in the morning. Even on busy days I almost always can get in a good 10 mile extension to my commute, just by leavong a few minutes early.

    Way back when I worked at a hospital 2nd shift was by far my favorite, for many of the same reasons. You got off early enough that the parties were just starting to get interesting, but went in late enough you didn't have to worry about the hang over

    Now I work freakin' 12 hours a day 7 days a week (at least it seems like that some days) In reality I currently work a 9 day on 5 day off schedule, but 2 of the 5 are spent traveling But I have a job for the foreseeable future...

    Aaron
    Webshots is bailing out, if you find any of my posts with corrupt picture files and want to see them corrected please let me know. :(

    ISO: A late 1980's Giant Iguana MTB frameset (or complete bike) 23" Red with yellow graphics.

    "Cycling should be a way of life, not a hobby.
    RIDE, YOU FOOL, RIDE!"
    _Nicodemus

    "Steel: nearly a thousand years of metallurgical development
    Aluminum: barely a hundred
    Which one would you rather have under your butt at 30mph?"
    _krazygluon

  22. #22
    Been Around Awhile I-Like-To-Bike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Burlington Iowa
    My Bikes
    Vaterland and Ragazzi
    Posts
    18,940
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Roody View Post
    I'm glad to learn that you've matured some. With great age comes great wisdom.



    (I knew ILTB would show up when his name was mentioned. He googles himself every morning.)
    Your "witticism" about what you think you "know" about me may reflect your own brand of narcissism but then I really don't expect any better from you. You are consistent though, absence or not, with taking gratuitous catty digs. Keep it up, it's your nature.

  23. #23
    Sophomoric Member Roody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Dancing in Lansing
    Posts
    19,666
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I-Like-To-Bike View Post
    Your "witticism" about what you think you "know" about me may reflect your own brand of narcissism but then I really don't expect any better from you. You are consistent though, absence or not, with taking gratuitous catty digs. Keep it up, it's your nature.
    Meow?


    "Think Outside the Cage"

  24. #24
    put our Heads Together cerewa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    southeast pennsylvania
    My Bikes
    a mountain bike with a cargo box on the back and aero bars on the front. an old well-worn dahon folding bike
    Posts
    3,149
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are consistent though, absence or not, with taking gratuitous catty digs.
    Self-righteous pots and kettles.
    Some awesome folks who are working to give Haitians the ability to manage their safety and their lives:
    Haiti Partners

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •