The Story with Photos is Here:
- weather: you name it, I experienced it!
- wildlife: saw a lot! There was a little red fox, a large coyote, numerous deer, elk, mountain goats (including babies), one bighorn sheep with crooked horns ... and fresh bear droppings.
- hills: there were roughly a million of them. I think a grand total of about 1/10th of the route could be deemed flat.
- sleep: got 2.5 hours at the 340-km point.
- digestive issues: had some trouble around the 240-km point, but nothing serious and I recovered.
- comments on other bodily parts: my face is BURNED, my eyes are red and burning, my sitbones and hands are in pain (that's from a 30 km section of extremely bad road), and the rest of my muscles are a little stiff and sore. I can't explain it, but the upper body soreness, numbness, etc. I was having on my 200K, 300K, and 400K did not occur this time.
- mechanicals: two flats
- complete: the fact that I completed a 600K!! I DNF'd my last two.
- time: 37:35 total time; approx. 32:00 riding time.
And the most special highlight of all ..... my father and the amount of support he provided!! He told me as we drove out of Calgary, that was his Fatherís Day present to me!!