Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Senior Member knoregs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    601
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    BMB rider sightings

    had a nice ride this afternoon north through the Champlain Islands and turned around in Rouses Point... saw a lot of BMB'ers heading south on their way back toward Boston... briefly rode with a group of about six guys... they looked to be in pretty good shape considering they must've already ridden 450 or so miles... there was quite the headwind heading south through the Islands... it wore me out and I only did 102 miles.... maybe 2008 I'll finally get to do BMB
    "I'm a foreign diplomat. I don't pay for drinks. Do you think G. Gordon Liddy paid for his drinks while he was strangling people with piano wire for the good of our nation?" - Peter Griffin

  2. #2
    littlecircles bmike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    3,326
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was moving from Putney to Burlington.
    The route goes right through town, past my office which we were loading into the UHaul.
    Spoke to 3-4 folks at the diner... wished them luck.

    Saw a gent on what looked like a Rivendell, but set up as a porteur (sp?) bike - albatross bars, backet and dyno light on the front. He was sitting bolt upright...

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    My Bikes
    Trek5000
    Posts
    949
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It looks like the first rider made it in 49 hours 40 minutes.

  4. #4
    hello roadfix's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Los Angeles
    My Bikes
    thank you for asking
    Posts
    18,502
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I belong to the fixed-gear mailing list and there were at least three members on that list who did this together on their fixed gear bikes. I'm waiting for their ride reports.
    .cinelli.olympic.surly.long.haul.trucker.kona.ku.surly.steamroller.
    .litespeed.classic.litespeed.firenze.bianchi.pista.dean.colonel.plus.more.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    My Bikes
    ANT Club Racer, 2004 Trek 520
    Posts
    1,116
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fixer
    I belong to the fixed-gear mailing list and there were at least three members on that list who did this together on their fixed gear bikes. I'm waiting for their ride reports.
    I think one of them might be Emily O'Brien (who was one of three folks to do the entire series fixed as well). She's occasionally chimed in with field stories on the Randon list. I e-mailed congratulations to a couple of randonneurs that I met from this season and they were all pretty much, "yeah, it was great. But goddamn, I'm tired and can't write much now." I know that it took me at least a week to write a coherent narrative of my 600K, so I'm giving it at least two weeks until we start seeing ride reports trickle in.

    I'm particularly curious to hear if there was an announcement about B-M-B's future.

  6. #6
    Long Distance Cyclist Machka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    I ride where the thylacine roamed!
    My Bikes
    Lots
    Posts
    38,027
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spokenword
    I'm particularly curious to hear if there was an announcement about B-M-B's future.
    As far as I know there was no announcement. The information I have came from Pierce, one of the current organizers.

    -- There have been a few people express interest in taking it over, but none have been serious. As of right now, there are no interested buyers.

    -- However, there are two years till the next possible BMB, so there is some time to find someone willing to take it over.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    My Bikes
    ANT Club Racer, 2004 Trek 520
    Posts
    1,116
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Machka
    As far as I know there was no announcement. The information I have came from Pierce, one of the current organizers.

    -- There have been a few people express interest in taking it over, but none have been serious. As of right now, there are no interested buyers.

    -- However, there are two years till the next possible BMB, so there is some time to find someone willing to take it over.
    cool. thanks.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •