Bike Forums

Bike Forums (http://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Long Distance Competition/Ultracycling, Randonneuring and Endurance Cycling (http://www.bikeforums.net/long-distance-competition-ultracycling-randonneuring-endurance-cycling/)
-   -   Need advice from Campagnolo users (http://www.bikeforums.net/long-distance-competition-ultracycling-randonneuring-endurance-cycling/508103-need-advice-campagnolo-users.html)

Chris Pringle 11-10-13 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LWaB (Post 16234213)
Campag 11 levers are a perfect match for Shimano 9 rear mechs and cassettes, no adaptions necessary. Another option to throw into the mix.

Interesting! Good to know. In the latest build, I was told to use Campy 10 sp. Record shifters with Shimano/Sram 9 sp. drivetrain. I originally tried using a Shiftmate, but had all sorts of shifting issues on steep hills. In the end, I had to buy a modified 9 sp. Sram derailleur to make things work smoothly.

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/675...trorando12.jpg

mander 11-11-13 07:25 PM

If I may contribute to the necromancing:

I have done 10 on 8 Shimergo and did not find it perfect. Some people say they get it to work, I couldn't though.

An option that I think is really viable and quite under-utilized is to gut your Campy lever of choice, and use it with barcons or dt shifters. Now you have the superior ergonomics and functionality of Campy with the reliability and perfect indexing of your barcons... plus any cassette you want. Levers are cheap too since usually you can get them as part of broken shifters and really, Veloce QS and similar low level campy isn't usually worth fixing to any but the hardest core campy fan. 2/3 of my bikes have gutted campy levers.

cs1 11-12-13 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Pringle (Post 16234839)
Interesting! Good to know. In the latest build, I was told to use Campy 10 sp. Record shifters with Shimano/Sram 9 sp. drivetrain. I originally tried using a Shiftmate, but had all sorts of shifting issues on steep hills. In the end, I had to buy a modified 9 sp. Sram derailleur to make things work smoothly.

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/675...trorando12.jpg

Very nice looking bike. Are those painted lugs on the head tube. It looks great.

Chris Pringle 11-12-13 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cs1 (Post 16239486)
Very nice looking bike. Are those painted lugs on the head tube. It looks great.

Thank you! Yes, the builder suggested painted lugs on the head tube (and other parts of the frame) to go with the lugs on the twin-plate fork crown.

Here's a full view...

http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/6831/p4070011h.jpg

cs1 11-13-13 03:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Pringle (Post 16240592)
Thank you! Yes, the builder suggested painted lugs on the head tube (and other parts of the frame) to go with the lugs on the twin-plate fork crown.

Here's a full view...

http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/6831/p4070011h.jpg

That truly defines what a beautiful bike should be.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:16 AM.