New Bike - New Wheels too?
For the past 5 years I haven't done much cycling, but I recently decided to get back into it. In the past I enjoyed long distance solo rides (100+ miles). My plan is to get back in shape and resume long solo rides. Since my old Trek 2000 was less than inspiring, I decided to buy a new bike. I chose a Specialized Roubaix Elite triple. I think this should be a good bike for what I want to do. However, I am guessing that the stock wheels are probably the one thing that I would see the most benefit from upgrading.
Does anyone have any recommendations for new wheels?
- I don't ride with others, so I don't care about having a brand name to impress them.
- I am not handy, so I would prefer not to build anything myself.
- I don't race, so I am more concerned with comfort than speed (although I obviously don't want to drag around extra weight).
- I plan to ride long distances from home alone, so something durable is a must.
- I currently weigh around 190 lbs and would carry an extra 10 lbs of equipment/water.
- Based on the price of the bike $2200, I don't think it makes sense to spend more than $600.
Here is a pic for the heck of it.