Originally Posted by MTBMaven
Wow that is one heck of a century you are trying to tackle. There are not a lot of opportunities for water and even less for food. Unless you are pretty self sufficient you might want to consider a different route.
I can only think of three good places for water on that route:
1) Mt Baldy Village
2) Ranger Station at the bottom of Highway 39/Azusa Cayon
3) Small faucet at toll booth into OHV area past the East Fork Bridge
There may be running springs near the top of the 39 but kind of hard to rely on. Good luck with your training. Let me know if you have other questions.
1) There is water spigot at Camp Williams on East Fork (beneath the tree in their picnic area). Go inside and you can order food, beer, soda, etc.
2) The running spring the side of the road at approx 4000ft level on CA39 was flowing well two weeks ago. Great place to douse your head and fill up your water bottles.
3) The Snack Shop at Crystal Lake is open. So there's an opportunity for a real lunch, soda, etc.