I have always been fascinated and interested in endurance riding. It must be a trip and a half.
I am just a commuter and recreational rider, having only done 50 miles as my longest ride.
I was wondering:
1. How tough is it to become and endurance rider. I mean like the RAAM soloists?
Do you basically have to make it your full time job to be able to train and handle rides at that level?
2. Can anyone get to that level, or are these the Babe Ruths of cycling, and not everyone is built for that type of thing?
3. What is the difference between brevets and raddonneur-ing?
4. What do you call the RAAM riding type of discipline? Distances like that. Is RAAM pretty much the pinnacle of organised endurance cycling?
5. What has been your longest single ride?
6. Why are you interested in endurance riding? Just sheer love of being on the bike?
Thanks for the info.
7. About how many hours do you spend on the bike each week?