Okay, this sounds a bit strange but I will just say this for right now...yesterday I had a rather strange experience and as a result I got to thinking, I had no other option and it brought up some rather interesting thoughts and I think something more devious(very easy to prevent/treat) might be going on for those that experience Shermer's neck. I could be wrong hence why I'm looking to do this survey...especially after talking to pyhsicans assistant today that I ride with quite often.
Who on here has experienced Shermer's neck? If you have please provide the information below:
1. What ride/race was you on when it happened(my guess not PBP or other standard rando/brevets but rather RAAM/RAW...I might be wrong)
2. How long after the start of the ride/race did you start to experience the problem(my guess, within the first 2 days)
3. How long did the problem last?(my guess the whole time)
4. Did the problem get any better as you got further into the ride/race?(my guess...yes, whether or not you made any modifications to the bike)
5. Did you have any other problems before you started experiencing the neck troubles?(my guess...yes)
If I come up with any other questions I will make another post inside this post.
Also question or two directly related to Shermer's neck that I think I know the answer to. Mike Shermer was the person who the complication is known for. When he first experienced the problem he wasn't using aero bars was he??? He didn't experience the problem on the very first RAAM(Great American Bike Race), rather he experienced on the second RAAM after it moved down to CA didn't he? Again I may be wrong but something tells me I'm probably not wrong. Maybe I'll get lucky and be wrong.