Finished my first brevet !!
200K - 10 hours 50 min. - Pretty much flat
In saddle time - 8 hours 15 minutes
Details of the ride -
- Except for the last control, bathroom, refill water, buy some energy bars and keep moving.
- Added around 7 bonus miles of some rolling hills.
- This was the first time I was navigating an unknown cue-sheet. Actually navigating *any* cue-sheet ! I have mostly been solo rider / commuter. Cue-sheet navigation was THE biggest anxiety on this ride. Luckily it wasn't too bad. I enjoyed it.
- 6 pages of cue-sheet which means I had to stop 12 times to get the gloves off and turn the cue-sheet (Any recommendations here ??)
- Got confused at a couple of intersections and wasted around half an hour or so combined.
- Food - 2 Bananas pre-ride, 4 energy bars, 1 big chocolate chip cookie, crackers with peanut butter
- Weather - around 32 F at start, must have been in mid-40's as the day came on. A bit windy, but over all a beautiful day, and a great ride !