Hi All -
Hopefully this is OK to post here. If not, please move or delete!
I'm working with a team that is launching a new road bike (not tri bikes, but entry road, exercise road and racing/competition road) company. There are many reasons why this group will succeed, but - unfortunately - I can't really provide details at this point. It will be big news once they go public though!
At this point, I'm working to do some research on aspects of the bike itself. At some point later, I might come back to ask additional questions about customer service, the buying process, etc.
We've always been intrigued by Apple. It's very apparent that they look at HOW there products are used - not just what the product does. Little things like the way the cord wraps onto the AC adapter of the Macbook, or the way the brightness of the Apple logo on the cover of the Macbook changes based upon the brightness of the screen. The packaging they deliver their products in, and many other aspects of their products, are designed to inspire, build confidence and trust, and create fanatical fans.
We're looking to do the same thing with this brand. We have numerous ideas, but we'd love to hear some of yours. If you could answer/discuss a few of these questions we'd really appreciate it!
- What do you wish came with your bike when you bought it? (not components, but accessories)
- What little things are on your bike now that you find convenient?
- What little things are missing from your bike that you wish it had?
- Are there any aspects of bike design that truly inspire you? Shape (what kind of shape?), paint, logos, etc.?
- Would you have any constructive suggestions for a new company that could create a fanatical following?
Thanks for your input!!