Bike Forums

Bike Forums (http://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Masters Racing (All Disciplines) (http://www.bikeforums.net/masters-racing-all-disciplines/)
-   -   Training for Racing All Disciplines (http://www.bikeforums.net/masters-racing-all-disciplines/831203-training-racing-all-disciplines.html)

shovelhd 05-03-13 07:34 AM

It's the Mac. Golden Cheetah does not run well on the Mac unless you run it in a virtual machine.

Hermes 05-03-13 08:26 AM

I use GC version II on my Mac software version 10.7.5 and load data from my Garmin 500 by dragging and dropping files from the Garmin into GC. I have not had any problems. I prefer WKO and used to run my Mac on Windows so I could use the software. I find GC's calculation of NP to be bogus.

sarals 05-03-13 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AzTallRider (Post 15582292)
At least for me, coach doesn't list the warmup, just the workouts themselves. But a warmup is included in the total time for the day. Two 30 minute workouts would have a total for the day of 1.4 hours. The extra is the warmup and cool-down . I do a warmup, then the drills in the order assigned, then cool-down a bit on the way back to the house. I have 10-15 minutes getting to where I can ride a proper workout, and I use that for warmup. I know that living in a hillier area makes that more difficult.

He does the same for me. He stressed early on that a warmup and cooldown were essential. I rode maybe 15 minutes to get to the road where I wanted to do the A2 and A1. The high temperature caused my warmup to be less than, that"s why I said I hadn't warmed up. I didn't realize that until I did the first effort. The recovery intervals were a little longer due to that, PLUS there was traffic, which delayed my turnarounds.

It is hilly around here!

Cleave 05-03-13 01:51 PM

Hi, I ended up riding 45 miles yesterday. I have to ride 19 miles of mostly flat coastal terrain to get to about 3 miles of climbing that is punctuated by occasional stop signs and traffic lights. Had a tailwind heading there which meant a headwind heading back home. Legs are a bit tired today. Ideally I would get in a ride tonight since I have a 10 mile TT tomorrow but I am volunteering at the velodrome for Friday Night Racing. Not sure if the incognito VanceMac will be there racing.

caloso 05-03-13 02:04 PM

Recovery day. Rode my bike to work, very slowly. Racing twice tomorrow, twice on Sunday. That should bury the old tsb.

Racer Ex 05-03-13 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cleave (Post 15584713)
Hi, I ended up riding 45 miles yesterday. I have to ride 19 miles of mostly flat coastal terrain to get to about 3 miles of climbing that is punctuated by occasional stop signs and traffic lights. Had a tailwind heading there which meant a headwind heading back home. Legs are a bit tired today. Ideally I would get in a ride tonight since I have a 10 mile TT tomorrow but I am volunteering at the velodrome for Friday Night Racing. Not sure if the incognito VanceMac will be there racing.

Forgot Piru is tomorrow, but it's a 40k. Sunday is the 20k. Or am I missing a TT in there?

Might have to go.

VanceMac 05-03-13 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cleave (Post 15584713)
I am volunteering at the velodrome for Friday Night Racing. Not sure if the incognito VanceMac will be there racing.

I'll be there! This has been essentially a rest week... about to come to an abrupt end. Good way to kick off the last build leading into States.

Cleave 05-03-13 04:45 PM

Racer Ex, the TT tomorrow is actually an LA Sheriff's race. My teammate, Greg, is a photographer for the Sheriff's office and can invite guests. He wants me to race there, so I am. It's on the north end of the San Gabriel River Trail. Hopefully there won't be too many moving targets.

VanceMac, is it bad form for a volunteer to cheer for a specific racer? :D

AzTallRider 05-03-13 06:43 PM

2 hours of Tempo today...

shovelhd 05-03-13 07:36 PM

Ouch

sarals 05-04-13 09:51 AM

Openers this morning. My legs felt really tight, and I have an annoying crick in my neck. Well, I was good, and didn't push it. I hope everything feels good tomorrow!

AzTallRider 05-04-13 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shovelhd (Post 15585826)
Ouch

Turns out I didn't hold the target range as well as I do when on the PM, so the average was a bit low - will be back on the PM starting tomorrow.

Team ride today: 48mi; 2,400' of climbing.

shovelhd 05-04-13 03:31 PM

Openers and form sprints felt great today. Did my best to keep the TSS under 60 but ended up with 62. I will get better at this.

revchuck 05-04-13 04:12 PM

I haven't posted here in about a week and a half because I've been in a funk of one sort or another. Part of it is due to cycling performance - I didn't do as well in a practice race as I wanted to, and I'm about sick of that - and part of it is due to the impending job loss. I'm glad to say I'm out of that funk now.

Today was a bleepin' awesome day to ride - low humidity (noteworthy in Louisiana), cloudless skies, and cool temperatures, warming up to comfortable. I did a local charity ride this morning, with my assigned workout within it. 60 miles, with almost an hour at tempo...and that was so easy to hold. My coach had assigned 40-60 minutes, and I wanted to do the full 60 minutes, but I came into a town with stop signs and stoplights at 54 minutes into it. I think I could've continued indefinitely at that output. About five miles outside that town I stopped at a rest stop and had some cookies - homemade chocolate chip cookies almost the size of small pancakes, plus homemade oatmeal cookies. Not what all the books say one should eat to fuel a ride, but they were pretty good. :) Finished with a set of five stomps. I would've been glad to do a full century, but the metric is the longest they had, plus I had to work on the job search. 232 TSS, .86 IF, 2136 kj.

shovelhd 05-04-13 06:13 PM

Cookies = good.

sarals 05-04-13 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by revchuck (Post 15587941)
I haven't posted here in about a week and a half because I've been in a funk of one sort or another. Part of it is due to cycling performance - I didn't do as well in a practice race as I wanted to, and I'm about sick of that - and part of it is due to the impending job loss. I'm glad to say I'm out of that funk now.

Today was a bleepin' awesome day to ride - low humidity (noteworthy in Louisiana), cloudless skies, and cool temperatures, warming up to comfortable. I did a local charity ride this morning, with my assigned workout within it. 60 miles, with almost an hour at tempo...and that was so easy to hold. My coach had assigned 40-60 minutes, and I wanted to do the full 60 minutes, but I came into a town with stop signs and stoplights at 54 minutes into it. I think I could've continued indefinitely at that output. About five miles outside that town I stopped at a rest stop and had some cookies - homemade chocolate chip cookies almost the size of small pancakes, plus homemade oatmeal cookies. Not what all the books say one should eat to fuel a ride, but they were pretty good. :) Finished with a set of five stomps. I would've been glad to do a full century, but the metric is the longest they had, plus I had to work on the job search. 232 TSS, .86 IF, 2136 kj.

232 TSS? Freakin' awesome, Chuck!

I'm so glad to hear things are looking up!! Yay!!!!

revchuck 05-05-13 09:13 AM

Recovery ride this morning, another gorgeous day. I keep thinking that this is the last day I'll need the knickers, long-sleeved jersey and base layer, and I keep waking up to mornings in the 40s...in south bleepin' Louisiana. We're usually in the walk-out-the-door-and-start-sweating mode by now. 1:31, TSS 49, IF .57, 657 kj.

jsutkeepspining 05-05-13 09:22 AM

not easy enough of an easy ride. knock 25 tss off of that.

also, hey there masters racers. How's everybody doing?

revchuck 05-05-13 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsutkeepspining (Post 15590010)
not easy enough of an easy ride. knock 25 tss off of that.

also, hey there masters racers. How's everybody doing?

Ratselfrazzin' young punks...:D

jsutkeepspining 05-05-13 09:30 AM

im good at two things: being fat and bike riding.

chasm54 05-05-13 09:32 AM

The first really beautiful day of the year today, no arm- or leg-warmers at last. 3.5 hours, mainly endurance pace but with a hard 20 minutes in rolling hills with my fat friend who has lost 40lbs since Christmas and today, to my great irritation, demonstrated that he can now put me in trouble in the hills. Terrrific ride, though, really enjoyed it.

AzTallRider 05-05-13 12:25 PM

An hour of pace work on the TT bike. Was supposed to be 2, but power was declining, I have some twinges from seat height changes on the Gunnar, and I knew I'd be playing tennis with TallWife, which I did. Ready for tomorrow's rest day, for sure.

Were it not for some missing rim tape, I'd have everything to finish getting the Giant together...

caloso 05-05-13 10:01 PM

I raced three times in 2 days. Racing is training.

Hermes 05-05-13 10:54 PM

Saturday, 2 hours with Tempo/Threshold efforts on the TT bike. The average temperature during the ride was 90 degrees. Sunday, 2 hours with kilo and low cadence intervals. The temperature dropped and the wind picked up. My goal is adapting to my new riding position.

chasm54 05-06-13 07:39 AM

Nice criss-cross interval session today.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:42 AM.