Bike Forums

Bike Forums (http://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Masters Racing (All Disciplines) (http://www.bikeforums.net/masters-racing-all-disciplines/)
-   -   wheels / wheel sets (http://www.bikeforums.net/masters-racing-all-disciplines/863781-wheels-wheel-sets.html)

sarals 06-01-13 05:38 PM

Here's the 10.3 with the Corima's. They're just perfect, they've been really well taken care of. There is no de-lamination, the brake track shows little wear, the tires are like new, and the bearings are smooth. The cassette and freewheel are new. Then only things that look aged at all are the decals. I put Koolstop Salmons on the brakes. Of course I have to try it out, so there will be a short ride tomorrow - nothing strenuous! If all goes well, I will race these wheels at PSG.

http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/...psd52c974e.jpg

AzTallRider 06-01-13 09:33 PM

Looks great Sara.

sarals 06-01-13 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AzTallRider (Post 15694038)
Looks great Sara.

AzT, thanks! Hopefully it will feel as good as it looks.

shovelhd 06-02-13 08:05 AM

Looks really good. I'd remove the decals.

revchuck 06-02-13 08:47 AM

Sara - Beauteous! :thumb:

AzTallRider 06-02-13 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shovelhd (Post 15694836)
Looks really good. I'd remove the decals.

I would too. But then I'm the type that removes everything that can cleanly be removed, unless I think I might be selling later. But with the black and white bike, the wheels would look much better bare.

sarals 06-02-13 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AzTallRider (Post 15695112)
I would too. But then I'm the type that removes everything that can cleanly be removed, unless I think I might be selling later. But with the black and white bike, the wheels would look much better bare.

I agree with both of you. I think it would require heat? Anyway, after the PSG I'll do that. The new Corima lettering is white, by the way. Much better!

sarals 06-02-13 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by revchuck (Post 15694985)
Sara - Beauteous! :thumb:


Thanks, Chuck!

:)

AzTallRider 06-02-13 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarals (Post 15695132)
I agree with both of you. I think it would require heat? Anyway, after the PSG I'll do that. The new Corima lettering is white, by the way. Much better!

They usually just peel right off. Just do it slowly and try to keep it all in one piece as much as possible. Goo Gone will take care of any residue.

sarals 06-02-13 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AzTallRider (Post 15695145)
They usually just peel right off. Just do it slowly and try to keep it all in one piece as much as possible. Goo Gone will take care of any residue.

I don't think these will. They're more like decals, not stickers. I tried to get a fingernail under the corner of one yesterday, and couldn't.

sarals 06-02-13 10:56 AM

Yeup, tubulars are different! I had to look down to be sure I hadn't switched bikes. It's smoother, way twitchier, and it accelerates in a very deceiving way - it gets going quicker than I am used to. Those tubies surely give a smooth ride - not quite plush, but close. Now, if I could just get that RD dialed in....

shovelhd 06-02-13 12:09 PM

Sara, if the decals/emblems are covered by some sort of protective lacquer, then I wouldn't mess with them. If you could take some macro shots of the decal we might be able to advise you further. My Zipp decals came off with a razor and Goo-Gone, about an hour per wheel.

So what's up with your RD?

sarals 06-02-13 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shovelhd (Post 15695514)
Sara, if the decals/emblems are covered by some sort of protective lacquer, then I wouldn't mess with them. If you could take some macro shots of the decal we might be able to advise you further. My Zipp decals came off with a razor and Goo-Gone, about an hour per wheel.

So what's up with your RD?

My RD was just out of whack, it seems to be fine now. Operator adjustment error!

http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/...ps545416a1.jpg

The decal doesn't appear to be under a clear coat of any kind. They are brittle, and I'm pretty sure they're true decals and not stickies.

shovelhd 06-02-13 06:47 PM

Razor and Goo-Gone.

sarals 06-02-13 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shovelhd (Post 15696643)
Razor and Goo-Gone.

Good deal! After PSG I'll clean the rims off - thanks!!

VanceMac 08-24-13 04:30 PM

Really want a rear disc. But it can wait until next year.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:52 AM.