Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  


Go Back   > >

Mountain Bike Racing Discuss pro racing, the big races, and even the small backyard races. Don't forget to update all the members with your own race results.

User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-03-04, 06:02 AM   #1
Scooby Snax
Guest
 
Bikes:
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
24 hours of adrenalin

Hey, has anyone heard that the company that did the 24hours of adrenalin filed for bankruptcy in December? Then they started a new company in January, and are back up and running, unfortunately, they dont have a permit / contract to run an event at Hardwood Hills as of yet here in Ontario.
Has anyone put their regestration fee's up yet?
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-04, 08:49 PM   #2
Ride a Bike
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Ontario
Bikes:
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Still might be

We had our friend call Hardwood to see what is going on. They said that they will know this week if they are going to have an event there. So there is still hope for a race there. Also are you doing the Summer Solstice race. It is going to be another great race.
Ride a Bike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-04, 08:52 PM   #3
SamDaBikinMan
Crank Crushing Redneck
 
SamDaBikinMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: A van down by the river.
Bikes: Bikes are environmentally damaging
Posts: 2,600
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks for the post. We will have to be sure about these folks before commiting to the local 24HOA race this year.

Did not know about the BR deal.
SamDaBikinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-04, 02:41 PM   #4
Scooby Snax
Guest
 
Bikes:
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ride a Bike
We had our friend call Hardwood to see what is going on. They said that they will know this week if they are going to have an event there. So there is still hope for a race there. Also are you doing the Summer Solstice race. It is going to be another great race.
Solstice is sold out, I may get lucky and find a spot on a team, other than that, I may just wait it out and find out what happens with Hardwood.
I heard the same, but that it was a legal matter.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-04, 09:59 PM   #5
Ride a Bike
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Ontario
Bikes:
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Did you see this

http://www.canadiancyclist.com/default2.html

Check out what they are saying now about Hardwood. What a shame that the sport has to go through something like this.
Ride a Bike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-04, 07:53 AM   #6
Scooby Snax
Guest
 
Bikes:
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ride a Bike
http://www.canadiancyclist.com/default2.html

Check out what they are saying now about Hardwood. What a shame that the sport has to go through something like this.
Yikes, that is totally shamefull.
One story I heard is that Hardwood are owed money, another is that they are holding out for more money to do the event.

Either way, I'm now looking for a ride ona a team for 24hrs of Solstice at Albion Hills.

So, If anyone needs a rider or two, maybe 3, you can turn your team over us....
resistance is futile.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-04, 06:49 PM   #7
hooligan
Just give'er.
 
hooligan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: SF Bay Area
Bikes: 04 Scrap
Posts: 1,898
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
HEy, you guys who've been to hardwood hills, have you ever seen the younger girls races? In the past few years? A girl named Clara Syme? She's in my class! lol
hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-04, 10:18 AM   #8
mtbkanata
www.mtbkanata.com
 
mtbkanata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Kanata, Ontario, Canada
Bikes:
Posts: 331
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Here is what I received from Hardwood a couple weeks ago:

From: Hardwood Hills <info@hardwoodhills.ca>
To: <joe@mtbkanata.com>
Subject: Re: 24 Hours of Adrenalin
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 11:25:31 -0500
Hi Joseph
Yes, you are correct. We are getting a lot of emails and enquiries and the
waters are still very muddy. There is no current agreement between Twenty4
Sports and ouselves to host the event here this August. We have been in
negotiations with them, but so far not successfully, so at this point, there
is no event. We are keeping everyone's email address who is enquiring about
the event and will send out an update if this status changes.
Regards, Kim
__________________
Mountain Bike Videos/Photos Uploads: Click Here to Visit
mtbkanata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-04, 07:10 PM   #9
Scooby Snax
Guest
 
Bikes:
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbkanata
Here is what I received from Hardwood a couple weeks ago:

From: Hardwood Hills <info@hardwoodhills.ca>
To: <joe@mtbkanata.com>
Subject: Re: 24 Hours of Adrenalin
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 11:25:31 -0500
Hi Joseph
Yes, you are correct. We are getting a lot of emails and enquiries and the
waters are still very muddy. There is no current agreement between Twenty4
Sports and ouselves to host the event here this August. We have been in
negotiations with them, but so far not successfully, so at this point, there
is no event. We are keeping everyone's email address who is enquiring about
the event and will send out an update if this status changes.
Regards, Kim
Thanks Joe, whats your take? Are you going to bother?
And hey, I think we were camped one or two sites from you last year, we were in the big tent just at the end of the berm. (you didnt notice a red nike vest hanging on the fence did you?
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-04, 09:10 PM   #10
Ride a Bike
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Ontario
Bikes:
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi, I am not going to do it. We are heading to the 12 Hours of Pando in Michigan. Should be a fun event. I'll do it next year when Chico is hosting it. By the way Scooby did you find a team for Chico's race.
Ride a Bike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-04, 06:30 AM   #11
Scooby Snax
Guest
 
Bikes:
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ride a Bike
Hi, I am not going to do it. We are heading to the 12 Hours of Pando in Michigan. Should be a fun event. I'll do it next year when Chico is hosting it. By the way Scooby did you find a team for Chico's race.
Ride, yes I did, one of our riders from last years team found a 6-10 team looking for a couple more, looks like we are all set.

If they do bother with the 24 at hardwood Ill see if I can hop on a team looking for a rider or two.

Good luck in Michigan!!
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-04, 04:12 PM   #12
Scooby Snax
Guest
 
Bikes:
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Well just got word that Chico Racing is doing a 24hours at Albion hills that same weekend, Aug 21 & 22.
I wonder if they know something.....?
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-04, 02:37 PM   #13
Scooby Snax
Guest
 
Bikes:
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
UPDATE:
I received an email from Twenty4 Sports, it basically said that they (trilife) filed for Bankruptcy because of lawsuits from a competitor in the US, that they fully intended to run the event at Hardwood, but The folks at Hardwood were not willing to honor the agrement due to it being signed by Trilife. And that they have taken legal steps to try and enforce the contract with Hardwood.
They also said if they could not run the event at Hardwood, they would look for an alternate event location.
It's such a shame that this is happening to this event in particular, seeing that it is the bigest circus around.
I am doing Solstice this year, the course looks great, I'll miss Coffee Run, but I expect a great time.
KRSD

Scoob
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:37 PM.