Hello all, I am new to this whole MTB thing. I recently was forced into running a bicycle program for a clinic I was in. I hated it until I discovered how fun they are to ride, and how cool they are to work on, and the almost endless possibilities (IMO). I bought a big book on bicycle repair mainly for MTB, and took right too it. I tore down all 8 or their Shwinn bikes, cleaned and rebuilt them. I came home and decided I wanted to ride here as well. I went to Wal-Mart and was going to get one of the Mongoose EFX bikes, but decided to wait. I came home and Ebayed for awhile and ended up with a 2004 Giant Warp DS1 frame, 1999 Rock Shox Judy 100, and possibly a 1999 Mongoose Pro NX 9.5 frame with Titec seat post and Mongoose saddle. I paid $202 for the Giant frame, $106 for the fork, and will be $160 for the Mongoose frame if I win. Both frames are large. Price is somewhat of an object. I am not going for a budget bike, but not close to a top end either, just an all around bike. Ok now for the questions.
1) I am 6ft. tall. Are these frames too big or just the right size or what?
2) I am going to be riding the bike on trails and such. Not alot of jumping if any. More like an all-
purpose bike. Will what I have thus far be ok for this?
3) Have I overpaid?
4) What is a good drivetrain to use? Shamino SIS is out. Those Shwinns had them.
5) Is Shimano Deore any good?
6) Which frame to go with? Why?
And recommendations or advice will be greatly appreciated.