Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Helmet Cam vids

  1. #1
    poop Sombeech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    ootah
    My Bikes
    Klein Mantra Comp
    Posts
    89
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Helmet Cam vids

    These are 4 trails in St George, Utah. I shot these about 4 weeks ago.

    Click on the images to get to the videos. Enjoy.

    JEM Trail



    Green Valley Loop



    Guacamole Trail



    Gooseberry Mesa

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    43
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool, vids you post a lot of neat videos of XC riding.
    Thanks!

  3. #3
    Banned. Hank Rearden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    488
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ouch.

    A poor quality lipstick cam, herky-jerky footage, SLOOOOOW riding coupled with sped-up footage that accentuated the already bouncy footage and uninspiring editing made the Gooseberry video hard to finish.

    Recognizing every bit of the trail did bring back some good memories though.

    The low angle light had lots of potential for some dramatic footage.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    southern oregon
    Posts
    2,631
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank Rearden
    Ouch.

    A poor quality lipstick cam, herky-jerky footage, SLOOOOOW riding coupled with sped-up footage that accentuated the already bouncy footage and uninspiring editing made the Gooseberry video hard to finish.

    Recognizing every bit of the trail did bring back some good memories though.

    The low angle light had lots of potential for some dramatic footage.
    I'd have to agree.

  5. #5
    Banned Help Im A Noob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    k-town wisconsin
    My Bikes
    trek 4300 wit disk
    Posts
    145
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wtf who cares they are non the less fun to watch. not everyone feels like spending 700 bucks on a helmet cam. and not everyone takes a bigger hobby in photographing the scenery, than riding amongst the scenery.

    a little boring but fun to watch

  6. #6
    Banned. Hank Rearden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    488
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Help Im A Noob
    wtf who cares they are non the less fun to watch.
    The extremely poor quality and slow riding affects the "fun to watch" factor. In fact, it makes the video practically unwatchable.

    Quote Originally Posted by Help Im A Noob
    not everyone feels like spending 700 bucks on a helmet cam.
    Decent results can be had, even with a poor quality lipstick camera. It's a matter of technique (focusing on keeping your head still, choosing the right light/trail combo, etc.) and creative editing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Help Im A Noob
    and not everyone takes a bigger hobby in photographing the scenery, than riding amongst the scenery.
    Why do you assume that people who take better than mediocre pictures/video "take a bigger hobby" in the photos/vids than in riding?

    That's a really dumb comment.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    South City, Ca
    Posts
    3,348
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's hard to tell through a camera if you're going slow or not, but I just assume you are because of the fact you guys are major coasters. Pedal on flats and gradual dhs!!

  8. #8
    Banned Help Im A Noob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    k-town wisconsin
    My Bikes
    trek 4300 wit disk
    Posts
    145
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank Rearden
    Why do you assume that people who take better than mediocre pictures/video "take a bigger hobby" in the photos/vids than in riding?

    That's a really dumb comment.

    ex·ag·ger·ate ( P ) (g-zj-rt)
    v. ex·ag·ger·at·ed, ex·ag·ger·at·ing, ex·ag·ger·ates
    v. tr.
    To represent as greater than is actually the case; overstate: exaggerate the size of the enemy force; exaggerated his own role in the episode.

    read the dictinary sometime, it helps.

  9. #9
    Elite Rep
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Melbourne - Australia
    Posts
    2,097
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Soombeech - Great footage, thanks for taking the time to post . (dont listen to Hank's stupid critism, he does it to us all)


  10. #10
    mmm babaghanouj. rasheed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    toronto, canada.
    My Bikes
    '02 gary fisher tassajara disc, '03 norco fluid 3.0
    Posts
    816
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Help Im A Noob
    ex·ag·ger·ate ( P ) (g-zj-rt)
    v. ex·ag·ger·at·ed, ex·ag·ger·at·ing, ex·ag·ger·ates
    v. tr.
    To represent as greater than is actually the case; overstate: exaggerate the size of the enemy force; exaggerated his own role in the episode.

    read the dictinary sometime, it helps.
    oh the irony.

    (it's probably a typo, but it's funny nonetheless).
    current ride: 2003 norco vps fluid 3.0 (custom build).



  11. #11
    Banned. Jason222's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Moncton NB
    My Bikes
    Trek Jack...trials bike soon.
    Posts
    2,123
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank_Rearden
    That's a really dumb comment.
    +1

    Hank knows what he's talking about.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •