Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    no freewheel
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    austx
    My Bikes
    specialized enduro, spec allez, 75 schwinn fixed
    Posts
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    any opinions, or experience?

    looking to get a new ride. steel for sure but bulider not sure of. soma groove, gunnar rockhound,voodoo wanga or voodoo erzulie. just want a nice xc bike something fast,good climber, good handeling any opinions.

  2. #2
    is slower than you Peek the Geek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    WI
    My Bikes
    Gunnar Sport, Marin Pine Mountain, Gunnar Ruffian, Gunnar Roadie, BMC Fourstroke, Salsa Vaya
    Posts
    1,493
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't have a Rockhound, but my road bike is a Gunnar, and I'm building up a Gunnar Ruffian (singlespeed version of the Rockhound, basically). Gunnar makes a good product and is an excellent company when it comes to customer support. I haven't heard anything bad from anyone who rides a Gunnar. Check out their forums at http://www.gunnarbikes.com
    Proud supporter of the Chippewa Off-Road Bike Association (CORBA)
    www.chippewaoffroad.org


  3. #3
    Throw the stick!!!! LowCel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Charleston, WV
    My Bikes
    GMC Denali
    Posts
    17,588
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Once I finally get the nerve up to ask my wife permission I will be getting an IF steel deluxe. I've been wanting one of those for years, it is my second choice. My first choice would be a Fat Chance "Yo Eddy" but that won't be happening.
    I may be fat but I'm slow enough to make up for it.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    southern oregon
    Posts
    2,631
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LowCel
    Once I finally get the nerve up to ask my wife permission I will be getting an IF steel deluxe. I've been wanting one of those for years, it is my second choice. My first choice would be a Fat Chance "Yo Eddy" but that won't be happening.
    Just buy it, its much easier to get forgiveness than permission.

  5. #5
    Throw the stick!!!! LowCel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Charleston, WV
    My Bikes
    GMC Denali
    Posts
    17,588
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mcoine
    Just buy it, its much easier to get forgiveness than permission.
    I would need to sell my Enlightenment first, can't make myself do that just yet.
    I may be fat but I'm slow enough to make up for it.

  6. #6
    Cheers! 2wheeled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Woodinville
    My Bikes
    Scott Addict R15, Cadd 9
    Posts
    1,284
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LowCel
    I would need to sell my Enlightenment first, can't make myself do that just yet.
    I remember seeing that Ellsworth several months ago, that is a sweet ride.

  7. #7
    Lost in the Black Hills mx_599's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    5,725
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jrhughes
    looking to get a new ride. steel for sure but bulider not sure of. soma groove, gunnar rockhound,voodoo wanga or voodoo erzulie. just want a nice xc bike something fast,good climber, good handeling any opinions.
    how did i miss this thread?

    to the OP, i plan on getting a Soma Groove. if you get one, you might want to make sure it is made from Tange steel. they switched recently....or there is nothing wrong with the Reynolds either. i am looking forward to geeting mine. from what i have researched, they seem like a great frame for the price. i want to get a Soma Juice too!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •