Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Mmmm...Hardtails
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    UAE
    My Bikes
    '01 Specialized Stumpjumper
    Posts
    153
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Denver/Littleton Bikeshop

    Hey, i will be moving to Littleton CO for the Summer and then up to Boulder. What is your favorite bike shop in the Denver/Littleton area and in Boulder.
    '01 Stumpjumper

  2. #2
    Hey guyz? Guyz? Wait up!! Siu Blue Wind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    10,465
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    VECCHIOS on Pearl Street. Best bike shop there is. Ask for Sean. Tell him his crazy aunt in California sent you.

    www.vecchios.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha
    We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by making View Post
    Please dont outsmart the censor. That is a very expensive censor and every time one of you guys outsmart it it makes someone at the home office feel bad. We dont wanna do that. So dont cleverly disguise bad words.

  3. #3
    Te mortuo heres tibi sim? scrublover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    East coast
    My Bikes
    hardtail, squishy, fixed roadie, fixed crosser
    Posts
    3,485
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mojo Wheels is good. As is Wheat Ridge Cyclery, up north a bit.

    Depends on what kind of riding/parts you're looking for.

    Vecchio's? Yeah, they are great if you are into snobbery. I would not take my high end mtb shopping or business to them, though. If you want someone to sneer at your fixed gear conversion, they are the place.

    Boulder? The Fix for more DH and urban type stuff, University Bikes for the rest.
    Further up north, Blue Sky in Longmont rocks, as do Mountain High Cyclery in Lovland, and Redstone Cyclery in Lyons. The latter two especially for the best deals on high end stuff you'll find without buying used or having a shop deal hookup.

    Best bet: get your high end parts from the last two places above, and learn to do the work yourself. Get the little parts from whatever shop you end up happening to live closest to. I hit all the shops in town, and get what I need from whatever place has it in, if I don't order it from Redstone or Mtn. High first.
    I believe the clouds in my coffee more than the weatherman on t.v.

  4. #4
    Hey guyz? Guyz? Wait up!! Siu Blue Wind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    10,465
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you go to Vecchios, ask for Sean, nobody else. He is not like that and he will treat you well. Sean is a really mellow guy. Heck, he has to put up my MY newbie questions!
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha
    We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by making View Post
    Please dont outsmart the censor. That is a very expensive censor and every time one of you guys outsmart it it makes someone at the home office feel bad. We dont wanna do that. So dont cleverly disguise bad words.

  5. #5
    Mad bike riding scientist cyccommute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Denver, CO
    My Bikes
    Some silver ones, a black one, a red one, an orange one and a couple of titanium ones
    Posts
    15,316
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scrublover
    Mojo Wheels is good. As is Wheat Ridge Cyclery, up north a bit.

    Depends on what kind of riding/parts you're looking for.

    Vecchio's? Yeah, they are great if you are into snobbery. I would not take my high end mtb shopping or business to them, though. If you want someone to sneer at your fixed gear conversion, they are the place.

    Boulder? The Fix for more DH and urban type stuff, University Bikes for the rest.
    Further up north, Blue Sky in Longmont rocks, as do Mountain High Cyclery in Lovland, and Redstone Cyclery in Lyons. The latter two especially for the best deals on high end stuff you'll find without buying used or having a shop deal hookup.

    Best bet: get your high end parts from the last two places above, and learn to do the work yourself. Get the little parts from whatever shop you end up happening to live closest to. I hit all the shops in town, and get what I need from whatever place has it in, if I don't order it from Redstone or Mtn. High first.
    Wheatridge can be a bit snobbish also (even to very long term customers) and they are very, very busy. Expect to wait for sales service on any given weekend.

    One of the best mountain bike shops around is Westside Cycling and Fitness at Colfax and Wadsworth. Very nice guys. Very helpful and knowledgable.

    One of the coolest shops is Cycle Analyst in the 700 block of south Pearl. Sure the guys can be a bit grumpy and their bikes are 'eclectic' but they have a wall of Brooks saddles (which makes them a-okay in my book ), cases of single speed and fixed gear stuff that makes people drool (maybe that's why they are grumpy because they have to wipe up drool all day) including mid 60's Campy stuff, used bikes, and they sell Electra Cruisers. They also have lots of used stuff like frames and parts hanging around.

    Mob Cyclery at 43rd and Tennyson is a pretty good roadie shop. They have some mountain bikes but are mostly road oriented.

    There's also a bucket load of big shops in town. Bicycle Village and Performance are everywhere but don't expect any kind of service from them.
    Stuart Black
    Solo Without Pie. The search for pie in the Midwest.
    Picking the Scablands. Washington and Oregon, 2005. Pie and spiders on the Columbia River!
    Days of Wineless Roads. Bed and Breakfasting along the KATY
    Twisting Down the Alley. Misadventures in tornado alley.
    An Good Ol' Fashion Appalachian Butt Whoopin'.

  6. #6
    I like bikes
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    16
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Westside has some sweet oldies hanging from the ceiling. My Schwinn Corvette came out of their attic, acutally.

    Cycle Analyst is the best bike shop in the world, period. New, old, road, mountian, fixie, whatever. You name it, they know all about it and can find that weird assed part for your bike that you need. I will go there until the day I die.

  7. #7
    Beauty Everywhere snowy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    My Bikes
    2006 Giant Anthem, Specialized Dolce Elite 05
    Posts
    2,596
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WESTSIDE ALL THE WAY those guys rock. In Boulder REDSTONE CYCLERY!!! Well its actually Lyons, Colorado but the guy Dave is really cool, small place but everyone hangs there and chats it up with him. Just a few weeks ago bf and I were there and a guy from Laramie, WY has a broken part on his bike, Dave took that off of his own bike so that the guy could ride. Now that is SERVICE!!
    "RIDE FAST TAKE CHANCES!"

    Interested in the Women's Forum? Send me a PM for more information.

  8. #8
    Te mortuo heres tibi sim? scrublover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    East coast
    My Bikes
    hardtail, squishy, fixed roadie, fixed crosser
    Posts
    3,485
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by snowy
    WESTSIDE ALL THE WAY those guys rock. In Boulder REDSTONE CYCLERY!!! Well its actually Lyons, Colorado but the guy Dave is really cool, small place but everyone hangs there and chats it up with him. Just a few weeks ago bf and I were there and a guy from Laramie, WY has a broken part on his bike, Dave took that off of his own bike so that the guy could ride. Now that is SERVICE!!

    Yep. Dave rocks! He's gotten me stuff nice and quick when I've ordered it, always has good info.

    Larry up at Mtn. High is the same way, from my experiences.

    Both usually have a beer or three floating around the shop, too.

    I don't even bother with the shops down south any longer. When one of these guys can get stuff for me faster/cheaper, and with less drive involved to get it, why would I? since I'm doing 99% of my own mech work, the service thing is pretty much a non-issue. Though Larry has built a couple wheels for me, very nicely I might add. And the guys over at Blue Sky did a very nice quicky/hurry wheel true job one day.

    There is a nice little local shop about four blocks away that I hit up when I need basics stuff like a cable/tubes/lube and so on. I like giving him some business that way, since I won't likely be buying anything big there. Feels nice to support the little guys.
    I believe the clouds in my coffee more than the weatherman on t.v.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •