Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 139 of 139 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139
Results 3,451 to 3,459 of 3459
  1. #3451
    Senior Member mystolenbikes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    My Bikes
    Specialized Hardrock
    Posts
    622
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MODWR View Post
    Are those things gonna hurt?
    It all depends on how you land.

  2. #3452
    Te mortuo heres tibi sim? scrublover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    East coast
    My Bikes
    hardtail, squishy, fixed roadie, fixed crosser
    Posts
    3,485
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a really, really good time on this last Sunday at Diablo.

    Not bad for having just under $2k USD in.


    65* head angle. 165mm rear travel, 180mm front. Air shock and fork. Kenda 2.6" DH Kinetics rear and 2.7" DH Nevegal front. Home-brew chain-guide setup that has worked beautifully for two days of chunky, lumpy lift served so far...



    Long, low, slack, fun. Only shot I've got, from another rider.
    I believe the clouds in my coffee more than the weatherman on t.v.

  3. #3453
    In search of moar cowbell dminor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The 509
    My Bikes
    1971 Suzuki TS125/ factory race kit/AHRMA-legal; 1969 Suzuki TS250/factory race kit; 1967 Suzuki K-15 Hillbilly Trail 80; 1977 Yamaha IT175; 1964 VanTech Scrambler racing frame
    Posts
    12,125
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A Hectik? Fun looking lil' rig.

    Don't see enough Devincis.

  4. #3454
    Te mortuo heres tibi sim? scrublover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    East coast
    My Bikes
    hardtail, squishy, fixed roadie, fixed crosser
    Posts
    3,485
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dminor View Post
    A Hectik? Fun looking lil' rig.

    Don't see enough Devincis.

    Frantik, actually. 07 year frame that I picked up ridiculously cheap, especially since they no longer sell in the states. Found a guy selling it in Canada who was willing to ship here. That and the steal of a deal on the Totem, and sweet prices on the rest kept things nice and low.

    Devinci actually have some new linage bits that'll raise the travel to a full 180mm rear without altering the geometry, but it has felt just fine at 165mm that I don't plan to mess with it at all. If I were to do it, I'd likely grab a Boxxer for the front end. I'm liking the way it feels as is though, for my riding.
    I believe the clouds in my coffee more than the weatherman on t.v.

  5. #3455
    ÖöÖöÖöÖöÖö Dannihilator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Annandale, NJ.
    My Bikes
    2014 Surly Steamroller, 1977 Puch Pathfinder
    Posts
    18,717
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scrublover View Post
    Frantik, actually. 07 year frame that I picked up ridiculously cheap, especially since they no longer sell in the states. Found a guy selling it in Canada who was willing to ship here. That and the steal of a deal on the Totem, and sweet prices on the rest kept things nice and low.

    Devinci actually have some new linage bits that'll raise the travel to a full 180mm rear without altering the geometry, but it has felt just fine at 165mm that I don't plan to mess with it at all. If I were to do it, I'd likely grab a Boxxer for the front end. I'm liking the way it feels as is though, for my riding.
    IF you do, leave the totem on it, the new boxxers are having reliability issues. Coming with no oil, issues with arch's cracking.
    Strike like an eagle and sacrifice the dove.
    Words and Stuff.

  6. #3456
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    62
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is my 07 FourStroke I just bought used (2 days ago) as a frame from a local. It took me 4 hours to get all my parts over to this.
    Size: 15" (I'm 5'4" @130#)
    07 Float RLC @ 120
    Manitou Radium RL
    XTR lever with 4pot XT
    So far one 9 miler single track and 8 miler pavement and it feels GREAT.

  7. #3457
    Te mortuo heres tibi sim? scrublover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    East coast
    My Bikes
    hardtail, squishy, fixed roadie, fixed crosser
    Posts
    3,485
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dannihilator View Post
    IF you do, leave the totem on it, the new boxxers are having reliability issues. Coming with no oil, issues with arch's cracking.
    Yep, read a bit about that. I'd be looking for a "gently" used 08 or 09 from some upgraditis afflicted gear *****.

    Doubt it'll happen though. For what I'm doing at the resorts and my size, the Totem works just fine. I don't weigh a ton, don't go super big, and like the way the fork feels. Plus, got it for $375 shipped.
    I believe the clouds in my coffee more than the weatherman on t.v.

  8. #3458
    ÖöÖöÖöÖöÖö Dannihilator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Annandale, NJ.
    My Bikes
    2014 Surly Steamroller, 1977 Puch Pathfinder
    Posts
    18,717
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scrublover View Post
    Yep, read a bit about that. I'd be looking for a "gently" used 08 or 09 from some upgraditis afflicted gear *****.

    Doubt it'll happen though. For what I'm doing at the resorts and my size, the Totem works just fine. I don't weigh a ton, don't go super big, and like the way the fork feels. Plus, got it for $375 shipped.
    There's always someone out there who always changes stuff around.

    I wish I would have known that you were at diablo this past weekend, I would have ventured up there.
    Strike like an eagle and sacrifice the dove.
    Words and Stuff.

  9. #3459
    Te mortuo heres tibi sim? scrublover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    East coast
    My Bikes
    hardtail, squishy, fixed roadie, fixed crosser
    Posts
    3,485
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dannihilator View Post
    There's always someone out there who always changes stuff around.

    I wish I would have known that you were at diablo this past weekend, I would have ventured up there.
    was supposed to go to killington for a couple days, but the rain has made trail conditions up there less than stellar. stayed local, and diablo was sorta' spur of the moment with some wmba.org guys. going again the 17th if you're interested. trying killington again the 22-23rd.
    I believe the clouds in my coffee more than the weatherman on t.v.

  10. #3460
    ÖöÖöÖöÖöÖö Dannihilator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Annandale, NJ.
    My Bikes
    2014 Surly Steamroller, 1977 Puch Pathfinder
    Posts
    18,717
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scrublover View Post
    was supposed to go to killington for a couple days, but the rain has made trail conditions up there less than stellar. stayed local, and diablo was sorta' spur of the moment with some wmba.org guys. going again the 17th if you're interested. trying killington again the 22-23rd.
    I'll check to see if I can make it that day.
    Strike like an eagle and sacrifice the dove.
    Words and Stuff.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •