Ok so some of you may know that I've had my new Stumpjumper FSR Comp for a few weeks now and I've put a few good rides on it and I must say the FS world kicks ass. Here are a few things for the hard tailers to think about ... (for those who care)
1. With FS you rarely lose traction in the rear going uphill. This is something I didn't expect, but works like a charm.
2. You can pretty much sit down while going downhill. No more ball jitters.
3. Not nearly as much vibration on your arms!
4. If you have lockouts, your bike will feel just like a rigid on the street. I was surprised at how different it rides with both shocks locked out.
5. Landing jumps is so smoooooooooooth.
6. One thing that kind of caught me by surprise one ride was when I was cornering pretty hard/fast and I hit a little rut in the ground. Since the front shock was compressed I lost traction as I went over the rut almost bailing.
7. Ride height is much higher than bike made 10 years ago. I'm still getting used to being so high on downhills.
8. Disc brakes kick ASS! I used to have to anticipate when to brake ... now I can just mash on them at the exact moment I need to slow down. Careful about going over the bars though.
Just some of my riding experiences in the past few weeks. I'm excited to go out everyday.