Or, if you're a current HT purist, what will it take to make you switch to FS?
Personally, I love my HT Stumpjumper, but peer pressure and a sore lower back after any ride longer than an hour are making me consider my FS options. I am hesitant for a few reasons:
2. I doubt any FS will climb as well as my HT.
3. Maintenance--I don't know squat about rear shocks (not a big deal to learn)
5. I'm not really satisfied with my riding skills as is, even though I've been riding for about 7 years. How will it look when I'm carrying a FS rig over a technical obstacle (at least a HT is a somewhat decent excuse)?
6. The aesthetics of some FS designs are downright ugly. The only type I would even consider is an FSR or something similar (I-Drive was nice before they went the way of X-Mart quality):irritated
7. Did I mention money?
8. I'm kind of a weight weenie. Anyone know of a sub-25 lb FS rig well under 2 g's?
Not necessarily looking for advice, just wondering if others feel the same way I do about FS.
Oh, and a suspension seat post is not an option