Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    OTB
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    238
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Leaking 2007 Juicy Carbons

    OK, maybe it was a mistake allowing my LBS cut and bleed the brakes on my new build.
    I went down there twice and both times when I compress the lever, fluid comes out the lines. I have some compression fittings that came with the brakes but they said they didn't need them. I'm bringing the fittings to them on Monday and they are giving it another go. I'm really hoping that this was the problem.

  2. #2
    Local Genius
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    618
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sounds like you need a new lbs

  3. #3
    Senior Member FreeRidin''s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Boulderado
    My Bikes
    Intense SS, Old spesh P series, ski/snow bike, fixie conversion
    Posts
    1,474
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Keep working with them until the brakes are the way YOU want them.

    If they try to charge you for multiple bleeds clock the snotty mechanic in the pecker, grab your bike, and ride off into the sunset.
    Quote Originally Posted by Killer B
    The way I ride requires the most advanced, toughest wheelset's available.

    Chicago Freeride

  4. #4
    OTB
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    238
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FreeRidin'
    Keep working with them until the brakes are the way YOU want them.

    If they try to charge you for multiple bleeds clock the snotty mechanic in the pecker, grab your bike, and ride off into the sunset.
    Actually, just the opposite. They have already talked about a partial/full refund once the job is finished.

  5. #5
    Senior Member FreeRidin''s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Boulderado
    My Bikes
    Intense SS, Old spesh P series, ski/snow bike, fixie conversion
    Posts
    1,474
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikejo
    Actually, just the opposite. They have already talked about a partial/full refund once the job is finished.
    Good to hear. Sounds like you have a good LBS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Killer B
    The way I ride requires the most advanced, toughest wheelset's available.

    Chicago Freeride

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •