ROCKSHOX DART 3 FORK '07
The all-new Dart featuring TurnKey Lockout hits the trail with substance for entry-level XC forks.
"Cross Country is where it all began. Giving riders the opportunity to go beyond roads and experience new places in nature where no one else goes. It is a test of endurance and technical skills where one must climb up steep hills and descend down narrow trails through wandering trees and over rocks. Giving one an overwhelming sense of accomplishment and excitement with one simple ride." - Kelli Emmett
• Single-sided coil spring system with external preload adjuster
• Turnkey oil damping with external on/off lockout and rebound adjusters or PopLoc Remote.
• 1-1/8" threadless steel steerer with 28mm 4130-steel stanchions fixed into a forged, pocketed 6061-T6 aluminum crown
• 1-piece magnesium lower legs with 9x100mm quick-release dropouts, linear and disc brake compatible (74mm/6" post mount): 2.4" tire OK
• 100mm Travel
• Model/Colors: Turnkey + PopLoc/Black, Turnkey/Diffusion Silver
• *Target Weight 2191 g (4.83 lbs)
* Weight based on a 265mm steerer and disc specific lower
The fork on my current MTB is a Spinner edge fork, it is a peice of ****. Like my other thread states, in a few months i plan on dropping about 1700 on a new MTB. however, Until then, i want to upgrade this fork, to at least something cheap/decent. My current bike will be my back up bike for when i have my new bike. I bike daily to work, so having a decent back up bike is worth the money.
So, how do you feel with this fork? I'm looking to spend around $120ish for one, no more, I'm tired of putting money into this bike. But i need it to hold me over until i get a new bike, and i need it to be in good shape for when i need it