I've been a good boy so I contacted Larry MtnHighCyclery.com for some brand new Formula Oro Bianco brakes. I went with the 160mm discs for both front and back. The brakes were installed last night and have still to bed them in. My initial thoughts:
- very, very easy to install
- make sure to order the bleed kit at the same time as the brakes. I forgot to and I cannot cut the rear line to shorten it and to route it through my rear taco (see pic below).
- There is a very neat thing called the MixMaster that allows SRAM x.9 and x.0 trigger owners to clamp them along with the brake lever onto a single rear brace. See pic below. I will be ordering those as well.
- I can't believe how straight the discs rotate within the calipers. Again, these brakes were dead simple to set up.
- The rear brake feels spongy. They almost feel like they have to be bled. I will reserve final thoughts on that following the bedding process.
- You can change pads without removing the wheels. Very nice.