Its more of a sand-dune bike, because we dont get snow here, and im spending a week at the dunes as of tomorrow....
Its pretty ghetto, and, dare i say it, i dont think it will last the week. But it looks good.
I opted out of a front ski (or skateboard in this case). I got this dodgy skateboard free in a Royal Show showbag, and i had this old department store bike lying around the shed collecting dust. And so on the train home from the Show this beast was born in my head.....
About 5 minutes after i got home i got started. After about 10 minutes in the shed i had it at this stage..
By now it was looking like a harder project than i thought. but i was determined. By this stage my friend rocked up going "Hey, you ready for that party? Wait, what?" I forgot about the party i was going to. hows that for dedication to bikes? Anyway, him and i put in an hour or so on it..
The way we were originally going to mount it was put the SB truck in the dropouts, but figured the we could mount the truck plate in the stand-mount of the bike. And so a plan was born. We eventually had this dangerous peice woodworkery out of it:
But dont worry, its a whole lot safer now...
Thats all the photos of that evening, but today after we woke up, it was straiught back into it in the shed. I had to shape the wood to fit the angle of the chainstay, to which the skateboard was going to run along and act as a ski. Safety first:
Yeah, thats me. Anyway, we got that mounted onto the frame and it looks like this:
So then we decided that with this new plan, the doputs had to go, because they got in the way, looked bad and it was easier without them. I grabbed the 4 inch grinder and hacked away. I also took off the cable guides:
We decided we should actually stop and think about how this is all going to work as far as fixings towards the rear of the chainstays was concerned. We ended up with plumbing saddles going over the chainstays and onto the board deck. We couldnt find any screws decent enough, so we had to stick with liquid nails:
Measure twice, cut once. Next time we do it, we'll follow that rule.
This is how we had to dry the liquid nails, because the frame was big-time bent.
I eventually found some bolts from the parts i ripped off the bike when it was still a bike, and so i could bolt the saddles onto the board, and still use the liquid nails for that extra pop:
Heres a pic of me piss-farting about after i chopped off the dropouts, bunnyhopping my frame:
Yeah, im pretty gnar-core.
After that it was time to prep this baby for its new coat of paint, so i sanded her back roughly and applied the new look. Its started off blue, but then i ran out of blue and found some silver, so it was to be "Blue with silver highlights". Now i dont know what to call the colour scheme. Its blue and silver anyway.