Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 127
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    SE, Michigan
    My Bikes
    k2 Zed 3.0
    Posts
    518
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    What Happened To Pete? (Sorry If It's a Repost)

    Pete was that MTB guy and a regular here... I got fed up with him so I left the forums... Now I'm back and he's no where to be found. Did my dreams come true?

    Servo

  2. #2
    fart knocker Oleanshoebox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    laying back in the cut
    My Bikes
    Red silver blue, doodie caca poo.
    Posts
    1,818
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I miss Pete.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    511
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Servo888 View Post
    Pete was that MTB guy and a regular here... I got fed up with him so I left the forums... Now I'm back and he's no where to be found. Did my dreams come true?

    Servo
    Yes Virginia, there is a Santa Claus.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    SE, Michigan
    My Bikes
    k2 Zed 3.0
    Posts
    518
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BearSquirrel View Post
    Yes Virginia, there is a Santa Claus.
    I feel like giving somebody a hug.

  5. #5
    Old School Rad mtnbiker66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    The old Mountains
    My Bikes
    Blur LT
    Posts
    8,212
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oleanshoebox View Post
    I miss Pete.
    Me too.
    Like a circus monkey on a stolen Harley......

  6. #6
    \m/ Blade-Runner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    My Bikes
    Got a few
    Posts
    724
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't miss his drama.
    Bikes: 13' Venge Pro Force, 13' Crux Elite, 12' Lynskey M290, 12' Co-Motion Speedster Tandem

  7. #7
    BFG
    BFG is offline
    Just say no to brakes. BFG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Guildford...Perth...Western Australia
    My Bikes
    Giant Rincon, Sanki road bike, Iron Horse SGS and DBR BSX Comp.
    Posts
    1,689
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can we have pete back for a while?
    It was amusing.

  8. #8
    Banned.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    20
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade-Runner View Post
    I don't miss all the drama that I experienced when my goofy posts were questioned.
    Fixed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Servo888
    I got fed up with him so I left the forums...
    Translation: You posted a bunch of crazy stuff, your lack of experience and the craziness of your posts were pointed out to you, and you ran away when confronted with the truth.

    http://www.bikeforums.net/archive/in.../t-357938.html

    People should disregard the crazy things that you have posted.

  9. #9
    \m/ Blade-Runner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    My Bikes
    Got a few
    Posts
    724
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gunga din View Post
    Fixed.



    Translation: You posted a bunch of crazy stuff, your lack of experience and the craziness of your posts were pointed out to you, and you ran away when confronted with the truth.

    http://www.bikeforums.net/archive/in.../t-357938.html

    People should disregard the crazy things that you have posted.

    Hmmmm........... Do we have a new dickhead, I mean Pete?
    Bikes: 13' Venge Pro Force, 13' Crux Elite, 12' Lynskey M290, 12' Co-Motion Speedster Tandem

  10. #10
    Hardrocker
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,569
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade-Runner View Post
    Hmmmm........... Do we have a new dickhead, I mean Pete?
    Being hostile when your posts are called into question is foolish.

    You really do have to understand that he just slams people for ******** posts. Can't say he hasn't caught me doing that a few times.

    I mean, I'll admit, I think his methods are screwy and I wouldn't do it myself, but to each his own I suppose.

  11. #11
    Senior Member pyroguy_3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Blo-no, IL
    My Bikes
    2005 Specialized Hardrock Sport, 1970's Miyata Liberty ala fixed gear
    Posts
    557
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BenLi View Post
    Being hostile when your posts are called into question is foolish.

    You really do have to understand that he just slams people for ******** posts. Can't say he hasn't caught me doing that a few times.

    I mean, I'll admit, I think his methods are screwy and I wouldn't do it myself, but to each his own I suppose.
    While he may know what he is talking about, most of the slams I witnessed were him picking out asinine details/mistakes and taking them out of context. Granted I wouldn't have minded him showing up in the ricOh fiasco, but he really had no filter as to when somebody was making an honest mistake as opposed to being annoyingly ignorant.
    Erwin Schroedinger will kill you like a cat in a box. Maybe.

  12. #12
    Banned.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    20
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pyroguy_3 View Post
    Granted I wouldn't have minded him showing up in the ricOh fiasco,
    ..and it's posts like that which make this forum so fun to read.

    Folks like you that can't see that they are being played by a regular posting as "ric0h," or *****, or ******, or ****** just add to the entertainment around here.

    It's quite telling that the folks who are posting over-the-top parodies of the "typical" posts around here are for the most part able to play folks along for weeks ad weeks.

    It's funny for the folks that can see through the mockery, and quite telling about the fish who swallow the bait and ask for more of it.

    Kudos to the puppet masters!

  13. #13
    I'm simply not credible. Terrapin Ben's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    My Bikes
    A blue one and a black one.
    Posts
    612
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I liked Pete. He called me out on some stupid remarks a few times, but you know i probably had it coming. He added a good deal of entertainment to the thread, but i do think he was a bit obsessed and could not take a punch himself. When anyone tried to call pete on his bs, that's when things crossed the line. Things have gotten pretty ugly with egos on here. For the record, I am glad i am not reading anymore ric0h posts anymore. Those were just plain annoying!
    Every time that wheel turn round,
    Bound to cover just a little more ground

    - J. Garcia

  14. #14
    BFG
    BFG is offline
    Just say no to brakes. BFG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Guildford...Perth...Western Australia
    My Bikes
    Giant Rincon, Sanki road bike, Iron Horse SGS and DBR BSX Comp.
    Posts
    1,689
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has anyone ever seen Pete's bike? I always wanted to.

  15. #15
    Long haired freak. wethepeople's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Still stuck in hell.
    My Bikes
    2011 SE Old Man Flyer.
    Posts
    6,280
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He had lots, I have a few pics of his Intense M3 on top of his 997.

    "the bus came by and I got on, that's when it all began...there was Cowboy Neal at the wheel of a bus to never-ever land."


  16. #16
    OTB
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    238
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am glad that he is gone and hope it stays that way. I don't see why people need to "be played" or mess with people of this forum. I guess if you average 5.6 posts per day and are one of the regulars here, it is all fun and games. However, for the new people with questions that are only looking for help, people like Pete are a disservice to the sport of mountain biking.

  17. #17
    BFG
    BFG is offline
    Just say no to brakes. BFG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Guildford...Perth...Western Australia
    My Bikes
    Giant Rincon, Sanki road bike, Iron Horse SGS and DBR BSX Comp.
    Posts
    1,689
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wethepeople View Post
    He had lots, I have a few pics of his Intense M3 on top of his 997.
    Didnt even know he had an M3.
    He said his bike was 19 pounds with heavy tires. I can assure you thats not the M3

  18. #18
    Hardrocker
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,569
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wethepeople View Post
    He had lots, I have a few pics of his Intense M3 on top of his 997.
    I think he owned a Turner too.

  19. #19
    Dismember harov3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Western Australia
    My Bikes
    Kona Kikapu/hoss deluxe mix, 1950's Malvern Star gent 28" turned into a stealth commuter with drums and a three speed.
    Posts
    695
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pete schmete. If the Ric0h debacle was his then good for showing up the mods for what they are. Otherwise who needs that much grief.
    Mmmmm...shiney new parts...mmmm

  20. #20
    Senior Member elemental's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    919
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikejo View Post
    I am glad that he is gone and hope it stays that way. I don't see why people need to "be played" or mess with people of this forum. I guess if you average 5.6 posts per day and are one of the regulars here, it is all fun and games. However, for the new people with questions that are only looking for help, people like Pete are a disservice to the sport of mountain biking.
    After having spent some time in Road Cycling and SSFG, I came to this forum last October or so when I was looking to buy a mountain bike. Though my mountain bike knowledge was fairly limited, I knew quite a bit about bikes in general and wanted to expand my skills and knowledge into a new area. People like Pete and others made this forum miserable by twisting and mocking anything anyone said and offering no help whatsoever. I wasn't here long, but that's how I perceived it.

    I think ideally these forums should be about sharing information and advice, and the fewer "characters" we have the better. See the Road Cycling forum if you don't know what I mean. I how someone to create an internet alter-ego for hos or her own amusement furthers the sport in any way. "To each his own" I guess.

  21. #21
    Custom User never's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    T0L0K0
    Posts
    3,739
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikejo View Post
    However, for the new people with questions that are only looking for help, people like Pete are a disservice to the sport of mountain biking.
    Obviously you and a lot of other people missed the point of what Pete was doing in those threads. If people didn't post uninformed or stupid information in response to a newbie's question, Pete wouldn't post. It was when erroneous information was given in response to a question that he would get involved. Regardless of his methods, his posts slowed the spread of misinformation.

    New people (to the forums/biking) getting advice from people who know just as little...that doesn't help anyone learn.
    Last edited by never; 01-28-08 at 11:43 AM.

  22. #22
    Fourth Degree Legend junkyard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    American Gardens Building
    My Bikes
    2005 Kona Cinder Cone & 2010 Cannondale SuperSix
    Posts
    3,826
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People who hate on Pete suck.
    Quote Originally Posted by dminor View Post
    The caveat with a strap-on, of course, is you will have to get creative with a couple of lock cables and an anchor point

  23. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    511
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elemental View Post
    After having spent some time in Road Cycling and SSFG, I came to this forum last October or so when I was looking to buy a mountain bike. Though my mountain bike knowledge was fairly limited, I knew quite a bit about bikes in general and wanted to expand my skills and knowledge into a new area. People like Pete and others made this forum miserable by twisting and mocking anything anyone said and offering no help whatsoever. I wasn't here long, but that's how I perceived it.
    We all have to patient with beginners. We all have to find some common ground. I don't think Pete was ever interested in this. He seemed to just like slamming people.

  24. #24
    Gravity hunter dminor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The 509
    My Bikes
    1971 Suzuki TS125/ factory race kit/AHRMA-legal; 1969 Suzuki TS250/factory race kit; 1967 Suzuki K-15 Hillbilly Trail 80; 1977 Yamaha IT175; 1964 VanTech Scrambler racing frame
    Posts
    12,183
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by junkyard View Post
    People who hate on Pete suck.
    People who hate on other people in any fashion suck. Live and let live.

    As for where he is, he's here. His petefagerlin identity was banned; but that does not mean he isn't still around. He still reads and, when a thread comes up that piques his interest (like this one), he creates a new sock-puppet and posts.

    I will be somewhat dismayed if this thread goes beyond one page now that the OP's question has been answered. It will just mean that there is too much fascination (from one side or the other) with one person and that too many people need a life.

  25. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    SE, Michigan
    My Bikes
    k2 Zed 3.0
    Posts
    518
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gunga din View Post
    Fixed.



    Translation: You posted a bunch of crazy stuff, your lack of experience and the craziness of your posts were pointed out to you, and you ran away when confronted with the truth.

    http://www.bikeforums.net/archive/in.../t-357938.html

    People should disregard the crazy things that you have posted.
    First off that was the only 'crazy' thing I said so far. All I said was that hard tails were just as reliable as soft tails, major example being BMX bikes. And he went ballistic. Now that didn't really piss me off, it was just his attitude and troll like behavior.

    ie:

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •