Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    28
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Difference Between 06-08 Stumpjumpers

    Just wondering if there were major changes in the FSR stumpjumpers these years. Is an older 06 FSR pretty similar to a newer 08 or are there major new technologies?

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Hardrocker
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,569
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sammyman View Post
    Just wondering if there were major changes in the FSR stumpjumpers these years. Is an older 06 FSR pretty similar to a newer 08 or are there major new technologies?

    Thanks!
    The 08 and 06 have drastically different suspension designs. So yeah, there's a huge difference.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    28
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BenLi View Post
    The 08 and 06 have drastically different suspension designs. So yeah, there's a huge difference.
    I just looked at pics and was amazed to find that they are drastically different. So, is there a huge difference in performance? Anyone upgrade and find a huge difference?

    Sam

  4. #4
    Hardrocker
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,569
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sammyman View Post
    I just looked at pics and was amazed to find that they are drastically different. So, is there a huge difference in performance? Anyone upgrade and find a huge difference?

    Sam
    I don't recall any members on these forums who've owned both, so you may want to try mtbr.com since they generally have a larger population of people. I would suggest the Specialized forum for specific information.

  5. #5
    NitroPye
    Guest
    I've read the brain unit thing has improved a lot recently. Personally I'm not a big fan of it but I've heard the older brain was slow to "open" and activate the suspension.

  6. #6
    ******. zephyr16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    winnipeg
    Posts
    275
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah, the systems are quite different. the specialized fsr system is prooobaly the best pedaling suspension designs out there, with the possible exception of the giant system...both have excellent pedaling platforms, but the specialized suffers in the small bump compliance area needs the brain in order to make it work really well, and even then the quality of the travel isn't on par with giants. giant's design is a little better, lighter, and even though it may not pedal quite as nicely, the equivalently priced giants for 08 are better bikes than the specialized bikes. anything under 3000$cdn, get a giant.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •