Old School Rad
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: The old Mountains
Bikes: Blur LT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
New bike park
Thge areas first lift assisted park will open this weekend. Ryan Taylor has put a lot of work into this place and all of us south east guys need to support this to keep it going. Hope to see some of you guys there this weekend.
Heres a post from Ryan I got from another forum.
26 West Trails:
1. Village DH - Black Diamond
2. Park Connector - Black Diamond
3. Yo-B - Intermediate
4. Bunny Slope - Beginner
5. EZ Does It - Beginner
6. Stilzation - Intermediate
7. Facebrake - Double Black Diamond
8. Super D - Intermediate
1. Village DH - Fast. Starts with tight bench-cut; goes into tight woods; 3 wideopen tables 20'+ into S-turn; off-camber; off-camber to long table to fast woods finishing section. Doesn't touch the ski slope after leaving the tunnel. Cool.
2. Park Connector - It will make you want to learn to ride like Gerritt. Swoopy and quick into corners and 25' road gap to g-force right hand berm to terrain park to fast run-in havin' 30+ road gap into woods into lift chair and repeat. Runon sentence.
3. Yo-B - Good rock garden into mini "A-line". Read: mini.
5. EZ Does It - 1993 nationals. Open slope with a little woods. Fun.
6. Stilzation - Just like the man, one you wouldn't want to miss. Tight singletrack into step-downs onto slope and back into woods. He would rip it.
7. Facebreak - Mach 5 into double to road gap to double to road gap into hip. Fast straight into sketchy corners into Pisgah singletrack. The second road gap steps down a bit like the race course step-down did last year. Big trees around, though.
8. Super-D - Good momentum (ONCE IT PACKS AFTER IT IS RIDDEN A LOT) into steep, bloody-awful grunt of a minute or 9 climb. Dumps onto old road bed that has two big tables on it now. More to come in future for sure. Finishes with singletrack. Time-wise, longest run. Could be one of the top super-d courses in the area.
Our web site should be live before the weekend.
I have been working a good bit and am very excited to offer the park to the region. Guys and gals, if this park is a hit, we'll be riding 10, 11 or even 12 months a year in a very, very short time.
For more information please call me on my cell phone:828-553-5856.
Thanks and see you this weekend,
Like a circus monkey on a stolen Harley......