Originally Posted by midi314
- What do I need to do to change my solid fork to a fork with shocks?
- Do all forks fit all bikes?
- How can I make a fork fit if it doesnt already?
- What are some good forks? Cheap would be nice, but it doesnt have to be cheap.
- Would it be easier just to buy a new bike?
1. Buy new fork. Remove old fork. Install new fork.
2. No. The main differences are 1 1/8" or 1.5" steerer tube diameters. I doubt the 800 is a 1.5.
3. If it doesnt fit, you cant make it.
4. Thats a matter of preference and functionality. What kind of riding will the bike be put through? How much travel do you need? Do you need damping, compression, or travel adjustments? Will the bike have disc or rim brakes?