Just finished this!
The idea was to only use gift cards to pay for the bike. I messed up with a few things and some things costed waay more than expected. Still, it should be more reliable now. It was falling apart but I didn't want to see it go. Also seemed like it would be fun to ride around off road as I am more road oriented. Here's how it went:
-SS chainring bolts
-SS chainring bolts (other one's weren't for SS? Store charged $15!)
-New chain - broke my thumb when I had a chain failure, didn't want to risk that again
-Conversion kit - (spacersI didn't really want to buy this, everytime I come out of that store I feel forced to buy something by the staff. I wanted to use spacers from old cassettes and derailleurs, but this will work I guess.
- $15 Ritchey Front wheel - last one chipped when removing a tire
- Bearings for the BB, replacing the cages with these made an incredible difference for super cheap!
- $10 Ritchey Comp bars
- Bottle cages - My dad insisted, white and pink just didn't look right. $3 ea.
Had (that made it onto the final build)
-Frame/fork/stem/brake pads/housing/rear wheel and tire/ STI shifters (took off shifting part for brake levers)/saddle/crankset/seatpost/pedals/lights/grips
Got at the bike junkyard (picked up and found a lot of good stuff!)
- V Brakes off a toddler bike and another wallyworld bike
- New front tire (picked up a few back up alloy wheels too!)
Weight: 25.5 pounds. Could be a lot lighter if I had spent my money more wisely, but for being a fun bike, I think it'll be plenty light.
Looking forward to riding it as soon as hand therapy is done! Thanks for reading,