Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1. #1
    Just a rider LilRootRx7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Branford, CT
    My Bikes
    03' kona stinky and 03' Azonic Ds-1
    Posts
    113
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Hayes HFX-9 xc or avid single digit 7

    Im looking to upgrade the brakes on my azonic ds-1. Im building this bike to be mostly urban assault with a little bit of trials thrown in (like the guys in JIB). I have hfx-9s on my stinky and was wondering if these brakes would also be good for this application, or would the SD7s be a better choice.

  2. #2
    Pedalphile BurlySurly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Tennessee
    My Bikes
    better ones than yours
    Posts
    514
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LilRootRx7
    Im looking to upgrade the brakes on my azonic ds-1. Im building this bike to be mostly urban assault with a little bit of trials thrown in (like the guys in JIB). I have hfx-9s on my stinky and was wondering if these brakes would also be good for this application, or would the SD7s be a better choice.
    Now here is a legitimate thread.

    Go with the hayes my man. Go with the hayes.
    Dont PM me.

  3. #3
    Wood Licker Maelstrom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Whistler,BC
    My Bikes
    Transition Dirtbag, Kona Roast 2002 and specialized BMX
    Posts
    16,889
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice bike...and definately go with the hayes. Love the way the feel when I haven't broken the master cylinder

  4. #4
    NCAA - DUAL CHAMPIONS! a2psyklnut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    From Sarasota, FL sitting in front of a computer spewing random thoughts!
    My Bikes
    Intense Uzzi SL, Masi Speciale, Trek 3700 Nashbar Single Speed, Old Cilo Road frame
    Posts
    7,972
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another big fan of Hayes.

    L8R
    "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "WOW, What a Ride!" - unknown
    "Your Bike Sucks" - Sky Yaeger

  5. #5
    Just a rider LilRootRx7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Branford, CT
    My Bikes
    03' kona stinky and 03' Azonic Ds-1
    Posts
    113
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok then i guess im going for hayes for this bike too, but also, should I do 8 inch or 6. Im leaning more towards 6 just because of the trials factor, plus i put my 8inch rotors on and it looks kinda funny

  6. #6
    Wood Licker Maelstrom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Whistler,BC
    My Bikes
    Transition Dirtbag, Kona Roast 2002 and specialized BMX
    Posts
    16,889
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    6's should be fine. 8's will be heavier and you won't notice the extra power much anyways.

  7. #7
    New to bikeforýms.net
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    2,202
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd go right ahead and say DONT GET HAYES. All they are going to do is give you trouble......get a pair of shimano discs and you'll be set!

    Wait....you have hayes on your other bike.....and v brakes on the azonic right now? Splain...

  8. #8
    Xtreme Biker
    Guest
    Hayes HFX-9 DH with 8" rotors..... I can stop anywhere I want, period.

    Never a problem. If you know how to set them up, you won't either....

  9. #9
    Just a rider LilRootRx7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Branford, CT
    My Bikes
    03' kona stinky and 03' Azonic Ds-1
    Posts
    113
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well i ordered the hfx-9 with the 6 inch rotor today. I threw my 8 inch rotors from my stinky onto the azonic and it didnt look right, plus i dont want the 8 inches to get in the way when i do trials type stuff

  10. #10
    New to bikeforýms.net
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    2,202
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LilRootRx7
    Well i ordered the hfx-9 with the 6 inch rotor today. I threw my 8 inch rotors from my stinky onto the azonic and it didnt look right, plus i dont want the 8 inches to get in the way when i do trials type stuff

    Alright dont listen. If you have problems with your hayes you better not post here crying about them.

  11. #11
    Wood Licker Maelstrom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Whistler,BC
    My Bikes
    Transition Dirtbag, Kona Roast 2002 and specialized BMX
    Posts
    16,889
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KleinMp99
    Alright dont listen. If you have problems with your hayes you better not post here crying about them.
    I run hayes on both my bikes and know no one with problems.

  12. #12
    My life be like ooh aah anthonaut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Adelaide, Australia
    My Bikes
    Giant Boulder SE 2000, Craftworks FRM125 2002
    Posts
    1,409
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KleinMp99
    Alright dont listen. If you have problems with your hayes you better not post here crying about them.
    He can post here if he wants complaining about them. He doesnt have to listen to you. Everyone else seems to like Hayes except you so what do you think he'll choose? Oh wait, he already chose Hayes
    Any true downhiller can huck, but no hucker can truly downhill - Ryan N.

    Mtbworld - http://mtbworld.mybesthost.com

  13. #13
    New to bikeforýms.net
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    2,202
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonaut
    He can post here if he wants complaining about them. He doesnt have to listen to you. Everyone else seems to like Hayes except you so what do you think he'll choose? Oh wait, he already chose Hayes

    Guess who jsut got added to my ignore list? Stupid kid. Your only on there with one other person.....I hope you feel special.

  14. #14
    Just a rider LilRootRx7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Branford, CT
    My Bikes
    03' kona stinky and 03' Azonic Ds-1
    Posts
    113
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KleinMp99
    Guess who jsut got added to my ignore list? Stupid kid. Your only on there with one other person.....I hope you feel special.
    Wow, that really sucks. He must really be torn up inside to be on your ignore list

  15. #15
    I drink your MILKSHAKE Raiyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    St. Petersburg, FL
    My Bikes
    2003 Specialized Rockhopper FSR Comp, 1999 Specialized Hardrock Comp FS, 1971 Schwinn Varsity
    Posts
    15,082
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LilRootRx7
    Wow, that really sucks. He must really be torn up inside to be on your ignore list
    Oooh the newb is getting uppity! It's good to stand up for yourself but let's not turn this into a flame war

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    691
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonaut
    He can post here if he wants complaining about them. He doesnt have to listen to you. Everyone else seems to like Hayes except you so what do you think he'll choose? Oh wait, he already chose Hayes
    Dude chill out. Lets all be adaults here and not argue about who gets to tell who to do what. Seriously that post just seems like something i'd say in 5th grade

  17. #17
    Just a rider LilRootRx7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Branford, CT
    My Bikes
    03' kona stinky and 03' Azonic Ds-1
    Posts
    113
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol, im just playing around. but thanks for all your help guys on my question

  18. #18
    I drink your MILKSHAKE Raiyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    St. Petersburg, FL
    My Bikes
    2003 Specialized Rockhopper FSR Comp, 1999 Specialized Hardrock Comp FS, 1971 Schwinn Varsity
    Posts
    15,082
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LilRootRx7
    lol, im just playing around. but thanks for all your help guys on my question
    It's all good

  19. #19
    New to bikeforýms.net
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    2,202
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiyn
    Oooh the newb is getting uppity! It's good to stand up for yourself but let's not turn this into a flame war

    I dont see how he is standing up for himself, but ok, I agree.

  20. #20
    Xtreme Biker
    Guest
    testing ...... 1 2 3

    OK, I thought they banned me again (3x).... After the Beer, Cheese, Bike post I made that was censored. Her butt was mighty nice.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •