Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: norco 09 rival

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    146
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    norco 09 rival

    i was searching a bit cause im probably going to get a bike this or the next week and came across this bike, i like the design and have heard good things can any1 prove otherwise and if you've had the bike please list some pro's and cons, thanks and its in my price range soo i think i might get it. Im not a insane biker just go for 6 foot table tops on average, maybe 3-5 drop but im more dj and a little bit of trails biker so thanks for all your help you are able to provide (Also im coming from a big 40 pound full suspension bike so its nice to be able to actauly wip the bike around). oh and would this bike fit for my size, i have no clue on sizes, but im around 5,10 to 6 foot. helps appriciated once again.
    Last edited by mbiker33; 05-19-09 at 05:42 PM.

  2. #2
    use your best eye kenhill3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Olympia, Washington
    My Bikes
    '75 Bertin, '93 Parkpre Team 925, '04 Kona King Kikapu, '05 Bianchi Vigorelli
    Posts
    3,054
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mbiker33 View Post
    i was searching a bit cause im probably going to get a bike this or the next week and came across this bike, i like the design and have heard good things can any1 prove otherwise and if you've had the bike please list some pro's and cons, thanks and its in my price range soo i think i might get it. Im not a insane biker just go for 6 foot table tops on average, maybe 3-5 drop but im more dj and a little bit of trails biker so thanks for all your help you are able to provide (Also im coming from a big 40 pound full suspension bike so its nice to be able to actauly wip the bike around). oh and would this bike fit for my size, i have no clue on sizes, but im around 5,10 to 6 foot. helps appriciated once again.
    What size are you blabbering about?
    "I tell you, We are here on earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you any different." - Kurt Vonnegut jr.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    146
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well the guy said he could get them in 12.5,15,17,18.5,20,22, ordering them
    Last edited by mbiker33; 05-19-09 at 07:20 PM.

  4. #4
    use your best eye kenhill3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Olympia, Washington
    My Bikes
    '75 Bertin, '93 Parkpre Team 925, '04 Kona King Kikapu, '05 Bianchi Vigorelli
    Posts
    3,054
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mbiker33 View Post
    well the guy said he could get them in 12.5,15,17,18.5,20,22, ordering them
    If you were to come into my (hypothetical) bike shop, I would have you try out the 17 and 18.5, maybe the 20, and go from there.
    "I tell you, We are here on earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you any different." - Kurt Vonnegut jr.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    146
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok cause my friend has a p2 and he says it a 24 or 26 and its pretty much my size, is their a different measurement for certain companies or in general? if u would have me try a 17 and go from their why is their such a big difference than a 24?

  6. #6
    use your best eye kenhill3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Olympia, Washington
    My Bikes
    '75 Bertin, '93 Parkpre Team 925, '04 Kona King Kikapu, '05 Bianchi Vigorelli
    Posts
    3,054
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mbiker33 View Post
    ok cause my friend has a p2 and he says it a 24 or 26 and its pretty much my size, is their a different measurement for certain companies or in general? if u would have me try a 17 and go from their why is their such a big difference than a 24?
    One of us (or both) is getting a bit confused here.

    The numbers 24 and 26 probably refer to tire/wheel size (24 inch, 26 inch). A 24" size mountain bike frame would be HUGE and is in fact a rare beast if not impossible to find.

    Here is my suggestion to you-

    At the top of the opening page of this forum read this and educate yourself a bit- Sticky: Please Read Before asking Question: MTB FAQ.

    Also, when you go to the bike shop, they will (if they are any good) try to help fit you on the right sized bike.
    Last edited by kenhill3; 05-19-09 at 08:51 PM.
    "I tell you, We are here on earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you any different." - Kurt Vonnegut jr.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    146
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ya thanks, i figured since the guy has had his bike for 2 years and does a lot of biking i think he would know about the sizes hes talking about , guess he got mixed up with the tire and frame, ( sorta hard to do that but what ever) thanks for clearing that up for me, srry and i probably wont be listening to him.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •