Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    nj
    My Bikes
    EVO, FUJI Track, etc
    Posts
    88
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Shoes - fitting problems

    Does anyone here have a wide foot, and if so what shoes do you wear? I tried on the sidi mega's, they were not all that bad, but I still have to go to a bigger size then I need just to fit (width wise) comfortably. Before I pull the trigger on the sidi's does anyone have any recommendations with different shoes. The bike shop said that northwave has a wide shoe but they didn't have any in my size to try on.

  2. #2
    NCAA - DUAL CHAMPIONS! a2psyklnut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    From Sarasota, FL sitting in front of a computer spewing random thoughts!
    My Bikes
    Intense Uzzi SL, Masi Speciale, Trek 3700 Nashbar Single Speed, Old Cilo Road frame
    Posts
    7,965
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Northwave's shoe is wider, but not as wide as Sidi's Mega.

    If your Mega's are too narrow, you're going to have to go custom.

    L8R
    "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "WOW, What a Ride!" - unknown
    "Your Bike Sucks" - Sky Yaeger

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    898
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your best bet is a shoe that has a mesh toe box, and probably one size up, then you would need to stretch the shoe on a shoe stretcher and leave it out on the sun to enhance the stretching. That is what I did on my AXO Cortez mtb shoes. Does it work, you bet cha. What size shoe do you wear?
    I am one of those people who buys 4E width shoes from New Balance and still have to go one size up.

  4. #4
    The Man. FoX Rider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Sitting
    My Bikes
    Haro Extreme X3 with Hayes Mags and Evil DRS
    Posts
    1,070
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know what you mean. I hate having wide feet. But skate shoes fit fine so thats what I use for everything except running.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    nj
    My Bikes
    EVO, FUJI Track, etc
    Posts
    88
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rmwun54
    Your best bet is a shoe that has a mesh toe box, and probably one size up, then you would need to stretch the shoe on a shoe stretcher and leave it out on the sun to enhance the stretching. That is what I did on my AXO Cortez mtb shoes. Does it work, you bet cha. What size shoe do you wear?
    I am one of those people who buys 4E width shoes from New Balance and still have to go one size up.
    I will definately look into this. It sounds like a good idea. I am a size 45/45.5 which is oversized slightly. I will definately get a mesh shoe box, thanks for the input, it's a welcome relief to this problem.

  6. #6
    Wood Licker Maelstrom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Whistler,BC
    My Bikes
    Transition Dirtbag, Kona Roast 2002 and specialized BMX
    Posts
    16,888
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just long. Not wide. Size 15 is hard to come by in the mtb world. (actually just about anywhere. I have to travel 2.5 hours to buy shoes haha) (oh that is 50 euro sized)

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Philadelphia
    My Bikes
    Surly Steamroller complete (Stock so far), '03 Gary Fisher Hoo Koo E Koo, 80's Raleigh "team USA" frame being converted to fixed
    Posts
    34
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bikenutr2000
    Does anyone here have a wide foot, and if so what shoes do you wear? I tried on the sidi mega's, they were not all that bad, but I still have to go to a bigger size then I need just to fit (width wise) comfortably. Before I pull the trigger on the sidi's does anyone have any recommendations with different shoes. The bike shop said that northwave has a wide shoe but they didn't have any in my size to try on.
    I tried the Sidi Dominator Mega, and the problem I had with them (other than the price) was the size of the toe box. My big toe took up about half of that toe box, and the others had to fit in somehow. I took them back for a pair of Pearl Izumi's which have a much larger toe box, and they were about $130 cheaper.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    898
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bikenutr2000
    I will definately look into this. It sounds like a good idea. I am a size 45/45.5 which is oversized slightly. I will definately get a mesh shoe box, thanks for the input, it's a welcome relief to this problem.
    If you would like maybe you would consider a Cortez by AXO that I have that is a size 45 which I have already stretched. It is new and unused. My actual size is a 44, but I bought the 45 just in case the 44 was not wide enough. But I had managed to make the 44 wide enough so I am stuck having a 45 that I won't be using. I bought it for $30, so that is my asking price. It is a MTB sole and it is stretched out to a good width. If you would like I can send a digital picture of it to you and you can see what I mean about the stretching.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    nj
    My Bikes
    EVO, FUJI Track, etc
    Posts
    88
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went searching and finally ended up purchasing the specialized comp. When I slipped my foot in it felt really good. The toe box is huge and fits my foot perfectly, much better then the sidi's megas did. Not to mention they were $130.00 cheaper.

    rmwun54, thanks for the consideration but I didn't see you message till today. sorry

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •