Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    ------------- b.w.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    26
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    new here - couple pics of my bike

    I've been lurking around here for a little while but have never really posted. I'm starting to get a little more serious about riding and have lots to learn in order to do so. I figure I should be in the right place for that.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2
    Senior Member mzeffex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Fort Collins, CO
    My Bikes
    2011 S-works Tarmac SL3 Red, 2009 Fuji SLM 2.0 XT, 1986 Lotus Grand Prix Luxe single speed, 2012 Blue Norcross, Torelli Tipo Uno
    Posts
    8,029
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice, I love Cannondales.
    Quote Originally Posted by rjones28 View Post
    Are they talking about spectators feeding the cyclists? You know, like don't feed the bears?

  3. #3
    Hey guyz? Guyz? Wait up!! Siu Blue Wind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    10,476
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey welcome to Bike Forums! Tell us more about you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha
    We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by making View Post
    Please dont outsmart the censor. That is a very expensive censor and every time one of you guys outsmart it it makes someone at the home office feel bad. We dont wanna do that. So dont cleverly disguise bad words.

  4. #4
    Senior Member jjbod1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Dacula,Ga
    Posts
    402
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice ride, I see you already ditched the reflectors, now you just have to do the same with the dork disk.

  5. #5
    ------------- b.w.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    26
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ha will do. Thanks. That's the exact kinda of stuff I need to know. As far as a little about me: name's Brandon, I'm 23, and I live in Minneapolis. In general another hobby (it's more than a hobby really) has taken up a lot of my extra cash over the years so far...

    Quote Originally Posted by jjbod1 View Post
    Nice ride, I see you already ditched the reflectors, now you just have to do the same with the dork disk.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  6. #6
    Hey guyz? Guyz? Wait up!! Siu Blue Wind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    10,476
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well now you have to deal with the balance between your two hobbies!
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha
    We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by making View Post
    Please dont outsmart the censor. That is a very expensive censor and every time one of you guys outsmart it it makes someone at the home office feel bad. We dont wanna do that. So dont cleverly disguise bad words.

  7. #7
    Official Website Waterboy born2bahick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    My Bikes
    a lot
    Posts
    3,271
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Me Likey! Have a ball on it

  8. #8
    Senior Member mystolenbikes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    My Bikes
    Specialized Hardrock
    Posts
    622
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jjbod1 View Post
    Nice ride, I see you already ditched the reflectors, now you just have to do the same with the dork disk.
    What is dork disk?

  9. #9
    "STAT" -_RebelRidin'_-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    WVU-Morgantown
    My Bikes
    Trek 3900. 2007 Kona Dawg
    Posts
    1,111
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mystolenbikes View Post
    What is dork disk?
    the plastic ring between rear casette and spokes
    2007 Kona Dawg
    2009 Trek 3900
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  10. #10
    Senior Member mystolenbikes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    My Bikes
    Specialized Hardrock
    Posts
    622
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh! Well I guess I am a dork then, I never bothered by with one of those before and I don't think it'll ever bother me.

  11. #11
    ------------- b.w.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    26
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ha...yes. Good news is that drums make me a little extra cash. Now that extra cash just goes towards bike stuff. Thanks for the comments, everybody. Had a great ride on it today. It was my first time riding clipless. Felt faster and more stable throughout the whole ride.

    Quote Originally Posted by Siu Blue Wind View Post
    Well now you have to deal with the balance between your two hobbies!

  12. #12
    Senior Member jjbod1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Dacula,Ga
    Posts
    402
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by b.w. View Post
    Ha...yes. Good news is that drums make me a little extra cash. Now that extra cash just goes towards bike stuff. Thanks for the comments, everybody. Had a great ride on it today. It was my first time riding clipless. Felt faster and more stable throughout the whole ride.
    Thats awesome!! I have been back at it," riding" for close to 3 years now. I still have not made the jump to clipless I really do need to, getting sick of being picked on by everybody I ride with, like I was still back in high school

  13. #13
    ------------- b.w.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    26
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know there is an endless debate here regarding clipless vs platforms, but I really like riding clipless. Felt more comfortable climbing especially.

    Quote Originally Posted by jjbod1 View Post
    Thats awesome!! I have been back at it," riding" for close to 3 years now. I still have not made the jump to clipless I really do need to, getting sick of being picked on by everybody I ride with, like I was still back in high school

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    180
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by b.w. View Post
    Ha will do. Thanks. That's the exact kinda of stuff I need to know. As far as a little about me: name's Brandon, I'm 23, and I live in Minneapolis. In general another hobby (it's more than a hobby really) has taken up a lot of my extra cash over the years so far...
    Sweet Yammies! Btw, I can relate.

    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...o/IMG_2563.jpg


    Oh, and my name is Brandon too.

  15. #15
    Senior Member zeo_max's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Alabama, boy !
    My Bikes
    FUJI Nevada 1.0 2009
    Posts
    863
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That "dork disk" can save your spokes from sure death if your chain decides to fly there all of a sudden.

  16. #16
    ------------- b.w.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    26
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice Yammies to you as well! Did you see Dave Weckl's RCs on eBay?

    http://cgi.ebay.com/DAVE-WECKLs-Elek...ht_4339wt_1165

    Quote Originally Posted by Hexenmeister View Post
    Sweet Yammies! Btw, I can relate.

    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...o/IMG_2563.jpg


    Oh, and my name is Brandon too.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •