Back from the Maiden Voyage Ride on my new Motobecane Fantom Pro Titanium. The bike handled well, the fork rules, and I had a fun time negotiating climbing and descending the single track rock gardens. I climbed up the steepest, highest peak of the local mountain range via some fire roads (1155 ft. in less than a mile. That sh|t was STEEP). The photos don't do it justice, let alone the brutal climb to get up.
- Price (of course)
- Components; shifted on command
- SID race fork is excellent... lock out rules!
- Light weight (see cons)
- Rode exactly the way a XC bike should and climbed like a champ.
- Weight in the ad was slightly deceiving. It's advertised as a sub 22lb. bike, but my 18" is 25lbs. I know they were saying that the 21.5 lb. was for a 14" bike, but didn't expect two sizes up would add 3 lbs. I guess 25 lbs. is not bad, though. I'll get some lighter tires in the future.
- Can't post this thread without somebody getting in a Bikes Direct hissy fit. I have 3 Motobecanes and love them all.
I'm taking it on some Santa Cruz single tracks next weekend. Let's see how this thing works in the woods.