Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    Over 50, and not 2 tired UniGeezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    373
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Chumash trail: Extreme DH on ONE wheel!

    First time riding at Chumash trail in Simi Valley. Pretty technical and steep. Managed a few good drops, seen at the end of the video.

    Also some funny hiker/biker comments-one guy uses an "NC-17" adjective in his excitement, lol! Then some bails-after the creds. Would really appreciate your comments!

    (Shot with my Canon HV30 so it's excellent quality!)

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3p2dF23PBc

  2. #2
    Don't really have a bike. craigcraigcraig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Boulder CO
    Posts
    3,335
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    unigeezer drives a prius?

  3. #3
    ninja rider calleymn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    50
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    holy canolies at 2:00 i dont even know if i would do that hill on my bike(partially cause my brakes suck, and thats a steep one)
    and how well can you keep up with a bike, cause seriously i need to see you ride in person

  4. #4
    Old School Rad mtnbiker66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    The old Mountains
    My Bikes
    Blur LT
    Posts
    8,212
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You should really try a 29r.......steel.
    Like a circus monkey on a stolen Harley......

  5. #5
    Over 50, and not 2 tired UniGeezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    373
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by craigcraigcraig View Post
    unigeezer drives a prius?
    Haha yeah, I just got so sick of filling up my last car 3x as often!

    Quote Originally Posted by calleymn View Post
    holy canolies at 2:00 i dont even know if i would do that hill on my bike(partially cause my brakes suck, and thats a steep one)
    and how well can you keep up with a bike, cause seriously i need to see you ride in person
    Well I plan on going back to that trail, plus hummingbird and stagecoach!

  6. #6
    Don't really have a bike. craigcraigcraig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Boulder CO
    Posts
    3,335
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    do you have any bicycles?

  7. #7
    Over 50, and not 2 tired UniGeezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    373
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbiker66 View Post
    You should really try a 29r.......steel.
    There are many sizes for Unicycles, but the 24 is the most common for hardcore trail riding. There is also a 26" which is also purpose built for technical riding. I've ridden my 36er also offroad!

    Quote Originally Posted by craigcraigcraig View Post
    do you have any bicycles?
    No mtb bikes, but I have two classic schwinn stingrays from the mid 60's!

  8. #8
    Old School Rad mtnbiker66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    The old Mountains
    My Bikes
    Blur LT
    Posts
    8,212
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uhhhhhhh...OK.
    Like a circus monkey on a stolen Harley......

  9. #9
    Senior Member mystolenbikes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    My Bikes
    Specialized Hardrock
    Posts
    622
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You should try those trails on a mountain bike, I bet you'd love it. O know I do.
    I'll be there this wednesday, I am gonna try La Tuna cnyn tomorrow it's gonna be my first time there and I've heard pretty good things about it but I doubt it is as god as Humming bird or Chumash.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    My Bikes
    Specialized Tricross Sport 2009, Giant Yukon FX3
    Posts
    1,472
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe it's my short attention span, but I can't stand it when videos cut to black with text anymore. Just don't do it. If you really want to show some fascinating text that the viewer absolutely MUST stare at for 5 seconds ("Stay tuned for some hiker and biker comments and some bails!"), just superimpose the words on a moving image.

    Does anyone else have this problem?

  11. #11
    shaken, not stirred. gnome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    The Shaky Isles.
    My Bikes
    I've lost count.
    Posts
    2,944
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    very cool.
    Get a bicycle. You will not regret it if you live. ~Mark Twain, "Taming the Bicycle"
    vBulletin: snafu

  12. #12
    Senior Member mystolenbikes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    My Bikes
    Specialized Hardrock
    Posts
    622
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stevage View Post
    Maybe it's my short attention span, but I can't stand it when videos cut to black with text anymore. Just don't do it. If you really want to show some fascinating text that the viewer absolutely MUST stare at for 5 seconds ("Stay tuned for some hiker and biker comments and some bails!"), just superimpose the words on a moving image.

    Does anyone else have this problem?
    You need to get on some ADD medication.

  13. #13
    Over 50, and not 2 tired UniGeezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    373
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mystolenbikes View Post
    You should try those trails on a mountain bike, I bet you'd love it. O know I do.
    I'll be there this wednesday, I am gonna try La Tuna cnyn tomorrow it's gonna be my first time there and I've heard pretty good things about it but I doubt it is as god as Humming bird or Chumash.
    I've never ridden an mtb, but yeah it would be fun. I just prefer this and it's become a total way of life for me.

    Quote Originally Posted by stevage View Post
    Maybe it's my short attention span, but I can't stand it when videos cut to black with text anymore. Just don't do it. If you really want to show some fascinating text that the viewer absolutely MUST stare at for 5 seconds ("Stay tuned for some hiker and biker comments and some bails!"), just superimpose the words on a moving image.

    Does anyone else have this problem?
    Thanks for the idea. I will try that in my next video.

    Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    very cool.
    Thanks!

    Quote Originally Posted by mystolenbikes View Post
    You need to get on some ADD medication.
    Haha, I actually have ADHD...have had it since childhood but it has really helped me in more ways than not. It allows me to "hyper-focus" on the stuff I really like, like Mountain Unicycling!

  14. #14
    Senior Member mystolenbikes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    My Bikes
    Specialized Hardrock
    Posts
    622
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UniGeezer View Post
    Haha, I actually have ADHD...have had it since childhood but it has really helped me in more ways than not. It allows me to "hyper-focus" on the stuff I really like, like Mountain Unicycling!
    LOL! that suggestion was for Stevage but if you wanna get on some meds go for it.

  15. #15
    Over 50, and not 2 tired UniGeezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    373
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mystolenbikes View Post
    LOL! that suggestion was for Stevage but if you wanna get on some meds go for it.
    haha, yeah I know it was for Stevage; I just thought since I actually have it I'd mention it. I see it as a positive and therefore have no need for "pharmaceutical meds". Mountain Unicycling, filmmaking, editing, composing, and my work (piano tuning/repair & restoration) are my "natural meds".

    (And although I'm almost 54, I feel like a 25 year old...



    ...so I guess I'll give her a call now!)

  16. #16
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mystolenbikes View Post
    You need to get on some ADD medication.
    Mountain biking is ADHD medicine according to this article: Riding is My Ritalin ADHD - bicycling.com

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •