Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    ..... Jynx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Long Island
    My Bikes
    2006 Cannondale CAAD8
    Posts
    4,823
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Does anyone here ride at diablo freeride park in NJ?

    Hey guys I am looking to get into mountain biking a little bit. I currently road cycle. I live on Long Island and have been looking for places to ride. I found http://www.diablofreeridepark.com/ in Vernon NJ which is not too far. Has anyone rode there before? How is it? Are there any other bike parks in the area. It sounds like a really fun place. Thanks

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    11
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    try posting in regional sections, theyll get back to you faster

    ---
    my two thousand cents

  3. #3
    Old School Rad mtnbiker66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    The old Mountains
    My Bikes
    Blur LT
    Posts
    8,212
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Scrublover has that place dialed in......He'll give you the lowdown.

    If you're just getting into mountain biking from a road background a freeride park may not be what you're looking for.......or it could be. Shred the gnar!
    Like a circus monkey on a stolen Harley......

  4. #4
    ÖöÖöÖöÖöÖö Dannihilator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Annandale, NJ.
    My Bikes
    2014 Surly Steamroller, 1977 Puch Pathfinder
    Posts
    18,710
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jynx View Post
    Hey guys I am looking to get into mountain biking a little bit. I currently road cycle. I live on Long Island and have been looking for places to ride. I found http://www.diablofreeridepark.com/ in Vernon NJ which is not too far. Has anyone rode there before? How is it? Are there any other bike parks in the area. It sounds like a really fun place. Thanks
    Diablo is going to be over your head. Right in NYC, you have the high bridge park in Manhatten.

    http://www.nycmtb.com/?page_id=285 It has a bit of everything.
    Strike like an eagle and sacrifice the dove.
    Words and Stuff.

  5. #5
    ..... Jynx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Long Island
    My Bikes
    2006 Cannondale CAAD8
    Posts
    4,823
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbiker66 View Post
    Scrublover has that place dialed in......He'll give you the lowdown.

    If you're just getting into mountain biking from a road background a freeride park may not be what you're looking for.......or it could be. Shred the gnar!
    Not sure if it is what I am looking for just yet. They rent bikes there so when they open back up ill rent a bike and make sure before i drop money on a new bike.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dannihilator View Post
    Diablo is going to be over your head. Right in NYC, you have the high bridge park in Manhatten.

    http://www.nycmtb.com/?page_id=285 It has a bit of everything.
    Thanks for the link. I see they have a bunch of other places listed in the NYC area. It seems diablo is only downhill and the only place of that type in the area. The trails on the other site are much more common and easily found which is nice. For the trails like high bridge and cunningham park, what type of mountain bike is preferred. Just front suspension XC bikes? I like the trails and stuff but the jumps at cunningham are very intriguing. I assume they use XC bikes for that too?
    Last edited by Jynx; 11-28-09 at 10:22 PM.

  6. #6
    ÖöÖöÖöÖöÖö Dannihilator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Annandale, NJ.
    My Bikes
    2014 Surly Steamroller, 1977 Puch Pathfinder
    Posts
    18,710
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What looks easy always isn't easy.

    It's in a park so there is parking.

    http://www.nycmtb.com/highbridge/hig...-trail-map.pdf
    Strike like an eagle and sacrifice the dove.
    Words and Stuff.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •