Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 29
  1. #1
    Senior Member mystolenbikes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    My Bikes
    Specialized Hardrock
    Posts
    622
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    I know I don't need this but...

    I was at my LBS and they have this in stock and it is one gorgeous bike. I need a new and this expensive bike like I need a hole on my head but I think I'm gonna get this bike, I'm not talking about right a way but may be in couple of months. I just wanted to put it out there and may be I'll hit the lotto and get it sooner.

    http://www.specialized.com/us/en/bc/...enuItemId=9248

  2. #2
    Senior Member zeo_max's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Alabama, boy !
    My Bikes
    FUJI Nevada 1.0 2009
    Posts
    863
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Go for it ! Never underestimate the human need to feed the ego.

  3. #3
    Hey guyz? Guyz? Wait up!! Siu Blue Wind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    10,476
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh you're just jealous....

    Nevermind him, he's jealous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha
    We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by making View Post
    Please dont outsmart the censor. That is a very expensive censor and every time one of you guys outsmart it it makes someone at the home office feel bad. We dont wanna do that. So dont cleverly disguise bad words.

  4. #4
    In beaurocratic limbo urbanknight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    My Bikes
    Specialized Allez, K2 Razorback
    Posts
    22,459
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Buy it, then send your 2008 model my way.
    "Well, I guess you can cut the arts as much as you want... Sooner or later, these kids aren't going to have anything to read or write about." (Richard Dreyfus as Glenn Holland)

  5. #5
    Senior Member zeo_max's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Alabama, boy !
    My Bikes
    FUJI Nevada 1.0 2009
    Posts
    863
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Siu Blue Wind View Post
    Oh you're just jealous....

    Nevermind him, he's jealous.
    You talkin' to me boy ?

    I ain't no jealous. I mean what I say. Everybody needs something to look foward to. As for me, I'm young (24, mind you), so when I get in a more flexible economic position, I too will be looking to indulge myself.

  6. #6
    Senior Member mzeffex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Fort Collins, CO
    My Bikes
    2011 S-works Tarmac SL3 Red, 2009 Fuji SLM 2.0 XT, 1986 Lotus Grand Prix Luxe single speed, 2012 Blue Norcross
    Posts
    8,018
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How long till it gets stolen ya think?
    Quote Originally Posted by rjones28 View Post
    Are they talking about spectators feeding the cyclists? You know, like don't feed the bears?

  7. #7
    Senior Member IRONHEAD1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Daytona florida
    My Bikes
    Cervelo S1
    Posts
    270
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    go for it if you can, why work like a slave if you can't enjoy life doing what you love is my motto.
    Cervelo S1 w/ mavic ksyrium sl's
    Cannondale Prophet

  8. #8
    In beaurocratic limbo urbanknight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    My Bikes
    Specialized Allez, K2 Razorback
    Posts
    22,459
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zeo_max View Post
    You talkin' to me boy ?

    I ain't no jealous. I mean what I say. Everybody needs something to look foward to. As for me, I'm young (24, mind you), so when I get in a more flexible economic position, I too will be looking to indulge myself.
    I find this amusing, because my most flexible financial position was when I was 18 and just starting college. After I got a career, got married, and moved away from my parents, my expendable income was reduced to almost nothing.
    "Well, I guess you can cut the arts as much as you want... Sooner or later, these kids aren't going to have anything to read or write about." (Richard Dreyfus as Glenn Holland)

  9. #9
    Former Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    dropmachine.com
    Posts
    4,062
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zeo_max View Post
    You talkin' to me boy ?

    I ain't no jealous. I mean what I say. Everybody needs something to look foward to. As for me, I'm young (24, mind you), so when I get in a more flexible economic position, I too will be looking to indulge myself.
    fail.


  10. #10
    Hey guyz? Guyz? Wait up!! Siu Blue Wind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    10,476
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zeo_max View Post
    You talkin' to me boy ?

    I ain't no jealous. I mean what I say. Everybody needs something to look foward to. As for me, I'm young (24, mind you), so when I get in a more flexible economic position, I too will be looking to indulge myself.
    Yes, I'm talking to you, girly girl.

    He's in the position to get a nice bike (hell we ALL want nice bikes) and you say
    Quote Originally Posted by zeo_max View Post
    Go for it ! Never underestimate the human need to feed the ego.
    That doesn't sound sincere to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha
    We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by making View Post
    Please dont outsmart the censor. That is a very expensive censor and every time one of you guys outsmart it it makes someone at the home office feel bad. We dont wanna do that. So dont cleverly disguise bad words.

  11. #11
    Senior Member mystolenbikes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    My Bikes
    Specialized Hardrock
    Posts
    622
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all the great comments everybody, and like siu blue wind said it has nothing to do with my ego I already have a nice bike and never bragged about it, and that is why thread is titled "I know I don't need this" I just happened to be good friends with a bikeshop owner and he is willing to give me the deal of a life time but I still have to think about it, after all it still is an expensive bike.

    oh and mzeffex since the incidents I've been keeping my bikes next to my bed not in my storage room in my garage.
    Last edited by mystolenbikes; 01-08-10 at 10:29 AM.

  12. #12
    Hey guyz? Guyz? Wait up!! Siu Blue Wind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    10,476
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The way I would justified my bikes (or any kind of excess spending for that matter):

    1. I don't spend money on drugs.
    2. I don't spend money on cigarettes.
    2. I don't spend money on booze.
    3. I don't spend money on fancy schmancy purses like Coach and such.
    4. I don't spend money on male strip clubs.
    5. I don't spend money on dying my hair or perms.
    6. Make up is expensive and nasty.
    7. I cook at home rather than go out to restaurants.
    8. Cycling is healthy and low maintenance (not like a car)
    9. You need equipment that will grow with you.

    These can be applied to you (in the male version). So there. Justified?
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha
    We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by making View Post
    Please dont outsmart the censor. That is a very expensive censor and every time one of you guys outsmart it it makes someone at the home office feel bad. We dont wanna do that. So dont cleverly disguise bad words.

  13. #13
    Senior Member zeo_max's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Alabama, boy !
    My Bikes
    FUJI Nevada 1.0 2009
    Posts
    863
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Siu Blue Wind View Post
    Yes, I'm talking to you, girly girl.

    He's in the position to get a nice bike (hell we ALL want nice bikes) and you say That doesn't sound sincere to me.
    That bike is to feed the ego. The man is telling us from the thread title ("I know I don't need this but......"

    And there's nothing wrong with that boy. But that's how it is.

    I don't need my pair of Oakleys, a pair of $20 Ozone's or whatever could protect me from the sun just fine, but my Oakley's sure make me feel good.

  14. #14
    Don't really have a bike. craigcraigcraig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Boulder CO
    Posts
    3,313
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you could spend money on drugs then make more money off of them. then a new carbon expert would come fast. hasn't everyone seen American Gangster? sell drugs, get money.

  15. #15
    Senior Member mystolenbikes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    My Bikes
    Specialized Hardrock
    Posts
    622
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zeo_max View Post
    That bike is to feed the ego. The man is telling us from the thread title ("I know I don't need this but......"

    And there's nothing wrong with that boy. But that's how it is.

    I don't need my pair of Oakleys, a pair of $20 Ozone's or whatever could protect me from the sun just fine, but my Oakley's sure make me feel good.
    So you are saying if someone gives a great deal to you on a brand new car that is better then what you have right now and you take the deal even though you don't need a new car but you took it because what was offered to you was to good to pass...that's ego?

    Well to me that is being smart, not ego.

    By the way I do wear expensive sunglasses because they work better not because I got a big ego, I lost or threw away to many $20 sunglasses for many different reasons so I don't wanna throw many away anymore.

  16. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,794
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aw, geez,... ANYthing but SPECIALIZED!

    Ask Eric from EpicEricDesigns why....

  17. #17
    Senior Member mystolenbikes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    My Bikes
    Specialized Hardrock
    Posts
    622
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DX-MAN View Post
    Aw, geez,... ANYthing but SPECIALIZED!

    Ask Eric from EpicEricDesigns why....
    Who the heck is epic Eric?

  18. #18
    ÖöÖöÖöÖöÖö Dannihilator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Annandale, NJ.
    My Bikes
    2014 Surly Steamroller 2010 DMR Transition 26
    Posts
    18,353
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The guy that specialized is suing for the use of the name Epic.
    Quote Originally Posted by scrodzilla
    I'm going out on the town tonight and it won't be over until I snort a line of habanero seeds off the hood of a red Fiero.
    Words and Stuff.
    pedal room thingy

  19. #19
    Senior Member mzeffex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Fort Collins, CO
    My Bikes
    2011 S-works Tarmac SL3 Red, 2009 Fuji SLM 2.0 XT, 1986 Lotus Grand Prix Luxe single speed, 2012 Blue Norcross
    Posts
    8,018
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mystolenbikes View Post
    oh and mzeffex since the incidents I've been keeping my bikes next to my bed not in my storage room in my garage.
    Quote Originally Posted by rjones28 View Post
    Are they talking about spectators feeding the cyclists? You know, like don't feed the bears?

  20. #20
    Senior Member mystolenbikes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    My Bikes
    Specialized Hardrock
    Posts
    622
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh I see

    ok I did test ride the bike today and WOW! It is awesome, it wasn't a very long ride or rough(just around the block and up and down couple of curbs) first of all I was sitting bit more streched out and it felt more comfortable from my seating possition it felt like I was sitting on a motorcross bike, I took a much closser look at the rear suspension and felt like it was moving much more freely, brakes, shifters and derailuer was much better too. Juicy 5 vs Elixer, x7 vs x9, x9 vs x0 of course better fork and rear shock. My only two problem with it are...first and bigger one is you pay all that money and not even an XT crank and second and smaller problem is no carbonfiber handle bar.

  21. #21
    Senior Member mzeffex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Fort Collins, CO
    My Bikes
    2011 S-works Tarmac SL3 Red, 2009 Fuji SLM 2.0 XT, 1986 Lotus Grand Prix Luxe single speed, 2012 Blue Norcross
    Posts
    8,018
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You don't need a carbon bar.

    I don't think they are very safe for aggressive riding. Or any riding off road. Or on road.
    Quote Originally Posted by rjones28 View Post
    Are they talking about spectators feeding the cyclists? You know, like don't feed the bears?

  22. #22
    ÖöÖöÖöÖöÖö Dannihilator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Annandale, NJ.
    My Bikes
    2014 Surly Steamroller 2010 DMR Transition 26
    Posts
    18,353
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mzeffex View Post
    You don't need a carbon bar.

    I don't think they are very safe for aggressive riding. Or any riding off road. Or on road.
    Carbon fiber's perfectly fine for handlebar purposes. I used to run a carbon bar and never really had any issues with it. You just need to tighten things on the bar and the stem bolts with a torque wrench so you tourque them to manufacturer specs.
    Quote Originally Posted by scrodzilla
    I'm going out on the town tonight and it won't be over until I snort a line of habanero seeds off the hood of a red Fiero.
    Words and Stuff.
    pedal room thingy

  23. #23
    Senior Member mystolenbikes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    My Bikes
    Specialized Hardrock
    Posts
    622
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mzeffex View Post
    You don't need a carbon bar.

    I don't think they are very safe for aggressive riding. Or any riding off road. Or on road.
    Agreed since I'm almost a clysdale
    195lbs and planning to be around 210 by march.

  24. #24
    Senior Member zeo_max's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Alabama, boy !
    My Bikes
    FUJI Nevada 1.0 2009
    Posts
    863
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mystolenbikes View Post
    So you are saying if someone gives a great deal to you on a brand new car that is better then what you have right now and you take the deal even though you don't need a new car but you took it because what was offered to you was to good to pass...that's ego?

    Well to me that is being smart, not ego.

    By the way I do wear expensive sunglasses because they work better not because I got a big ego, I lost or threw away to many $20 sunglasses for many different reasons so I don't wanna throw many away anymore.
    You seem to have a prejudice against feeding the ego. It's understandable, many people in society do. My point is, feeding the ego is not a bad thing, it is a human need. That's what I stated from the first post. The ego needs feeding, just like the stomach needs feeding. Capiche boy ?

  25. #25
    Senior Member mystolenbikes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    My Bikes
    Specialized Hardrock
    Posts
    622
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You seem to have no idea what the word ego means and stop calling people boy that is disrespectful. Like I said before if I purchase this bike it is because of the deal I'll be getting, don't worry you'll understand. when you get older.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •