Need 19-20" hardtail ~$400-600. Narrowed it down & here's where I'm at...
First off stats and background info: 29, M, 5' 11" 196lbs and dropping to 185. Little mountain bike experience. Riding will realistically be local off-road trail rides around Boston's South Shore, occasional 4 mile commutes to the train, ride to the beach, etc. Nothing real extreme but I do plan on occasionally giving it a beating.
I've been assuming a Large or 19-20" bike will work well. Research tells me hard tail is the way to go in this price range and mixed opinions on 29er's.
I'm interested in Bang for the Buck also resale is a concern down the road. I do not plan to upgrade anything except a seat or small things.
- Motobecane 700HT $450 shipped
- Specialized Hardrock Comp Disc $550ish
- Schwinn Moab at Performance Cycle was $599 may see if they'll still sell it at that price its 799 now.
- Gary Fisher Wahoo Disc $599
- Open to other suggestions of course! And possibly a 29er if you guys can convince me
So are there any great deals out there I should consider first? Pretty firm with the $600 cap for now as I'm not 100% sure I'll stick with it past a the spring/summer. I'd love any insight or suggestions you guys can lend!
Last edited by Zackb911; 03-18-10 at 12:15 PM.
Look used as well, Craigslist
Oh I've been scouring all the local Craigslist for a couple weeks as well Most of it is just mid level stuff and overpriced at that but I keep checking.