Greetings, mountain bikers. I'm not a mountain biker - I commute to work on a road bike - but I need some help and think this may be my best bet place to ask this.
This weekend I developed two areas of what appears to be poison ivy - one on each arm. The strange thing is that in both places it appears as a raised LINE. It itches like hell - I am VERY sensitive to poison ivy. I couldn't figure out how the heck I could have gotten it. In my daily life there is only ONE place where I come in contact with plants, and that's on a very short shortcut I take through a small section of woods on my daily commute. When I mentioned it to a co-worked she pointed out that poison ivy grows low to the ground (not sure if that's correct) so, because I got it on my arms she thinks that I may have gotten it from handling the bike which itself got contaminated with the poison ivy oil. That makes a lot of sense to me because I ride a folding bike and the *lines* of poison ivy would be consistent with my skin rubbing against something protruding from my bike as I folded and lifted it into the trunk of my car at the end of my commute.
Anyway, my question is - how do I get poison ivy oil off my bike???